CCV6 ckeditor javascript error "TypeError: m.lang.contextmenu is u

Mike MacKechnie

I cannot edit the site documents in the admin panel of my new CCV6 store.

"CCV6 ckeditor javascript error "TypeError: m.lang.contextmenu is undefined"

ckeditor will not load; the above javascript error is displayed in Firebug when I select the "edit" icon against any of the site documents in my Admin ->File Manager->Documents menu.
CubeCart Version  6.0.2 PHP Version 5.4.39 MySQL Version 5.5.42-37.1-log Browser user-agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0 - although I have also tried it in Chrome 41.0.2272.89 m and IE 11.0.9600 with the same result. Server Software Apache  

I see this in the ckeditor javascript file:

$:function(m){this.base.call(this,m,{panel:{className:m.skinClass+' cke_contextmenu',attributes:{'aria-label':m.lang.contextmenu.options}}});}

but I do not know why there is a problem, unless not all of the CKEditor files in /includes/ckeditor/ are present.

Or maybe (a wild guess) your store/admin is using a language that is not present in the /includes/ckeditor/lang/ folder, or maybe that language is there, but it's just not en.

Firebug should show you something in the Script tab, ckeditor.js script, Watch pane. On the CKEDITOR line, click the more... link. You are now looking at the CKEDITOR object on the DOM tab. For lang, click the more... link. Keep going deeper to see the value of contextmenu and then options.

It seems to me that the object should be:

m.lang.selected_lang.contextmenu.options where selected_lang is typically en.

There are bug-reports about this at ckeditor.com.

This problem is more widespread than I initially thought.

It also affects the Products > Description tab as well.

I cannot see lang or contextmenu displayed anywhere in the CKEDITOR object in Firebug.

What I did notice however was that CKEDITOR.config.language is "" (i.e. unassigned).

I'm wondering if it's because either

My store is not hosted on the webroot directory

My store uses en-gb as the default language but the web site is hosted in the USA

I have two other instances of CKEditor running on other domains

I'll keep digging.

There was one bug report at the CKEditor site that mentioned a problem (several versions back) that the link that calls for the 'ckeditor.js' file needs to be fully formed, that is, with the protocol and store_name/path/.

But all my installations are in a subfolder, so that does not compute.

Where the site is hosted should not make a difference, unless the hosting provider is mucking with the content delivered by the web server.

• 4 weeks later...