CubeCart £1,750 Template Design Competition

EDIT: The deadline for entry has been extended to 1st September 2015

With the release of CubeCart v6 and its open source model our popularity is increasing rapidly. We want to celebrate this with a template design competition giving away some really generous cash prizes! 

The Prizes
1st Prize: £1,000 GBP (approx $1,500 USD)
2nd Prize: £500 GBP (approx $750 USD)
3rd Prize: £250 GBP (approx $375 USD)

The brief is to develop a responsive CubeCart v6 theme that will work on small, medium and large devices. To qualify for the prize it must be added to our CubeCart Extensions Marketplace by July 1st 2015.

The prize draw will be judged by our staff on 1st August 2015. Reviews and user feedback will play an important role in our decision. Prizes will be paid out by CubeCart Limited in early August (UK company number 5323904).

FAQ
How do I create a custom template for CubeCart v6?
We recommend downloading the latest build of CubeCart v6 here. Then follow stage 1 of our helpdesk article but using the "Foundation" skin (instead of the old "Vanilla" template) as a starting block for your design. This article was written for CubeCart v5 but the exact same process can be used for v6. There is no requirement to use "Foundation" as a starting block this is just a recommendation but if you do please refer to their documentation for support. 

Can my skins be commercial or does it have to be free?
It can be free or commercial. That's up to you.

How do I receive the prize money?
All prizes will be paid via PayPal or bank transfer if UK based. 

Can anyone enter?
Yes anyone at all from anywhere in the world can enter so long as the work submitted is yours or you have written permission to submit it on behalf of someone else. 

Do you have any other tips?
If you can create sub colour themes it would be beneficial. Sub-themes can be defined in the config.xml file of the skins root folder.

How do people review my design and how will it be judged?
Once submit to the extensions marketplace it is possible to click a link to "Write Review" on its main listing page. User feedback and reviews here will play an important role in our decision. We can't promise that the review with the most feedback and highest rating will win but it will help us a great deal. 

That's it.. I'd like to personally wish you all the very best of luck!

Sincerely,

Al Brookbanks
CEO/MD & Founder CubeCart

Edited by Al Brookbanks