Google Base to Merchant Center CubeCart v6

bubbaboss

• 1 month later...

Hi bubbaboss,

When you set up your excel.cvs file did you have heading like the ones listed below?

idproduct_type google_product_category linktitledescription image_link pricecondition shipping_weight upceanjanisbnavailability brandgtinmpnidentifier_exists

Did you get it working?

As I have changed to V6, I am not sure what to do now. I have turned on google base and entered a password (from google merchant) in "store settings" advanced other.

Will wait a day to see if there is any change in google merchant.

Other than that I found from the "export cattledog" you can export your feed, but have to fill in several columns like brand and mpn and google_product_category. I then went to google merchant and uploaded the cvs file. Fingers crossed.

Edited by harrisorganic
More data

Hi DB, I have both. 

Last night I exported the feed using, Export catalogue, modified the columns using excel and submitted it through google merchant.

There are no details as to what google base does other than "Google base product export feed" .  I have turned on google base and entered a password (from google merchant) in "store settings" advanced other.

Waiting to see what happens.

This is what I send from modules/plugins/Google_Base/Hooks/admin.product.import.format.php:

if($_GET['format'] == 'googlebase') {
    $header_fields = array('id', 'product_type', 'google_product_category', 'link', 'title', 'description', 'image_link', 'price', 'condition', 'shipping_weight', 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', 'isbn', 'availability', 'brand', 'gtin', 'mpn', 'identifier_exists');
    $fields  = array('product_id', 'store_category', 'google_category', 'url', 'name', 'description', 'image', 'price', 'condition', 'product_weight', 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', 'isbn', 'availability', 'manufacturer', 'gtin', 'mpn', 'identifier_exists');

(I have to send the identifier_exists field because we sell used toys that don't always have brand names or identifying codes.)

Hi DB,

thanks for the info. I did not know that google base was in HOOKs. I dont even know what a hook is! (fishing excepted)

However I will probably be able to find "modules/plugins/Google_Base/Hooks/admin.product.import.format.php" and edit there if required.

When I "export catalogue", I found that "identifier_exists field" was set to false, once set to true google Merchant accepted my upload.

Once google base is set up does that mean that automatic updates will occur? What does google base do?

Where the Admin Inventory choice is to Export Catalogue. Using the password method, you would click the link icon on Google Base. Once you have that hooks file set up the way you want it, you don't need to do anything else. Please note, if you change the hooks file array from stock version, it will not survive a Google Base upgrade.

Be sure to download a full backup of your store before any CC upgrade. If you make any changes to skin, plugin, or core files, they will be overwritten during upgrade, and you will have to put your edits back.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but I also need to automatically export all my products to Google Merchant. I just want to store the feed file on the server so that google can fetch it, my prices change daily so I cannot do this manually.

Will the builtin feature, or the plugin achieve this, if so can someone explain the steps?

Thanks

There's another thread about creating an automatic export. I'll try to find it and give you the link. It does involve creating a cron job from your cpanel. I also created a Google_UPDATE feed by copying the pattern of the Google_Base plugin.

Let's continue this discussion here:

Edited by Dirty Butter
added link