Email Address issues

toast691

Hi all,

I have had a few customers where their email address has been refused or classed as invalid. I ignored it at first but to many people have had problems.

What I would like to do is make the email field a compulsory field but I dont want it to asses whether the email address is valid or not.

Where would the code be for this and what would the recommended code change be?

Thanks

Stami

Hi Stami,

How is it being shown as invalid. Do you get a red JavaScript error under the field or is it after the page reloads at the top?

CubeCart has client side and server side validation.

Also does the email address contain any "unusual" characters such as accents like "é"?

Hi Al,

I'm not sure exactly what kind of error it is. Customers are usually vague as to how what the issue is but it always stemmed to it not accepting the email address. I have tried to get it to happen to me using the customers email address but no errors have occurred.

This is an example email who couldn't order...  [email protected] so it is not an unusual email address.

The next customer who has problems I will try and find out exactly what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Al,

I had two customers who had issues last night. Both using firefox on windows 7.

One has said each time he entered his address and continued to "Secure Checkout" the page would reload and return to entering his address details but with all the fields blank and no error message. This happened around 6 times and he tried again later that night managing to put an order in but not everything stayed in the cart that he had ordered.

Second customer last night - Items added to the basket correctly but when he would go to view basket all the products would be gone and needed to start a new order.

I use firefox on windows 7 and dont have any issues. Our website is www.greenpatchseeds.com

Edited by toast691
Extra text