upgrade to 6.0.2 problems

I sometimes wonder why I bother upgrading my store as I always get problems! I was happily running along on v5.2.16 when I noticed that 6.0.2 was available to upgrade. I backed up my files then upgraded. At first it looked fine then I started getting calls from customers. They couldn't add products to their basket directly from the category index(if they opened up a product listing they could do it ok there).Another issue is that coupons that I had no longer worked. In one case that should have given the customer 5% off ,the actual discount came up as 0.00(always worked fine before) I looked on this forum to see if anyone else had reported this but I couldn't find any so I decided to re install my 5.2.16 version. The 'adding items to the basket' problem now works again but the coupons still don't. My admin pages are still in the new format that came with the upgrade and I now find that I cannot search my customer list. If I click on the tab nothing happens. This is really annoying as I need to be able to search customers for contact details etc. Also the Rebuild tab to clear the cache etc doesn't work. It takes me back to the back up page.Any ideas how to get this going again.

"My admin pages are still in the new format that came with the upgrade and I now find that I cannot search my customer list. If I click on the tab nothing happens."

Still in the "CC6-style"? I will guess this may be what has happened: There are still compiled templates from the admin templates being served by CubeCart to your browser. If there are files in the /cache/skin/ folder, manually (FTP) delete them. The CC6 admin 'skin' has its related javascript files in the admin skin folder, while the CC5 admin skin has its related javascript files in the main /js/ folder. So, a CC6 admin skin will be asking the browser to fetch a javascript resource from a folder that doesn't exist anymore, or a javascript file already cached by your browser that is not intended for the CC5 admin skin.

Someone else reported recently a problem with IE9 and adding to the basket. I don't have IE9, so I cannot trace this problem to see what may be interfering.)

strangely I've just logged back into my admin section and its back to normal appearance again and my search boxes have reappeared too! I still cannot make coupons work though.I have created one that offers a 5% discount for those customers collecting orders rather than having a delivery. When I add the coupon and update my basket,the coupon shows up ,but with a zero value!

it always worked before and I had several available for customers to use. They simply enter the coupon code into the coupon box on checkout and then update the basket and it would deduct the relevant amount. As I say I had several in use that always worked ok,now it just says £0.00 in red as the discount

"They simply enter the coupon code into the coupon box on checkout and then update the basket and it would deduct the relevant amount."

I agree that's how the coupon's value works, but in a post above you specifically qualify the coupon's applicability to "collecting orders rather than having a delivery."

It is this specificity that I have not seen before.

I will make some tests regarding how it could happen that a coupon's value is not being applied.