Failed to save address

vidmarc

I'd love to place an order but your site won't save my address so I can't proceed, get a message 'Failed to save address.'

Any suggestions? No idea what is happening :-(

Today's error log:

File: [settings.admins.inc.php] Line: [18] "UPDATE `CubeCart_admin_users` SET `tour_shown` = '1' WHERE `admin_id` = 1" - Unknown column 'tour_shown' in 'field list'
07 Apr 2015, 15:27File: [settings.admins.inc.php] Line: [18] "UPDATE `CubeCart_admin_users` SET `tour_shown` = '1' WHERE `admin_id` = 1" - Unknown column 'tour_shown' in 'field list'
07 Apr 2015, 14:52File: [user.class.php] Line: [703] "INSERT INTO `CubeCart_customer` (`title`,`first_name`,`last_name`,`email`,`phone`,`mobile`,`password`,`salt`,`registered`,`ip_address`) VALUES

CC 6.0.2

Edited by vidmarc

Unknown column 'tour_shown' indicates that the database is not at the CC602 schema, at least for the CubeCart_admin_users table.

The INSERT query is strange in that there is nothing following the query keyword VALUES. Please verify that the error log in fact does not have anything after the word VALUES. There should be a series of comma-separated values enclosed in parentheses.

07 Apr 2015, 14:52File: [user.class.php] Line: [703] "INSERT INTO `CubeCart_customer` (`title`,`first_name`,`last_name`,`email`,`phone`,`mobile`,`password`,`salt`,`registered`,`ip_address`) VALUES ('Mr','xxxx,'xxxx','xxxx@xxxxx','+xxxxx','+xxxxx','0cbfeac207fcc313c06212383ba19600daa99cc7db6099772110062e6cab0669ad1fe0ae8975397eda1a5d9541ed0448698f4e38e997566369f5b9f7a9810224','3536a9aa','1428414728','217.40.122.121');" - Duplicate entry 'xxxx@xxxxxx' for key 'email'

The errors whereby users are unable to enter their addresses doesn't seem to be listed in the error log.

How do I fix this problem? I have new customers who are unable to order. :-(

Edited by vidmarc

From tracing out the code, I see where this INSERT statement would fail, because that statement should actually be an UPDATE statement. (Haven't got to the point where the address book gets involved, however.)

I would ask that you check on the data in the CubeCart_customer database table. You will need to use an external utility, such as phpMyAdmin.

The values in the column 'type' must be either a '1' or a '2'. If the customer who is making the complaint is not a 'type 2', then CubeCart will try to INSERT a new record - which fails because the email address is already in use.

Please let us know if the 'type' column in the CubeCart_customer table has anything but the values '1' or '2'.

How do I get support to fix this issue? We are losing new customers.

I assume that this isnt on your site that is hosted by us (or of course you would get free CubeCart support!) so your best bet would be to take out support through CubeCart themselves and I am sure that Al will get it fixed very quickly

Ian

Considering the low amount of sales we have, the new Cubecart support is too costly to justify.

Perhaps I should move everying over to Havenswift? It's so frustraing!

Of course if you would like to move your additional sites over to join the one you already have, then more than happy to help you do that !

The V5 to V6 upgrade in our experience is extremely reliable, however upgrades can always be affected by running out of process memory or the php process itself timing out - generally due to very low configuration settings on cheap hosting.

From would-be new customer:

The site now says it has saved my address but when I try to go to my basket or checkout it takes me back to the address form which is empty.  When I go to my address book in my account it also shows as empty even though it's telling me the address has been saved.

The database hadnt been upgraded completely / properly as part of the upgrade process as has been mentioned in one of the many threads dealing with this issue.  Cheap hosting companies severely limit the per process memory available and the php timeout settings along with various other settings all of which can cause problems with upgrades timing out and would also then be unwilling to make any changes to help customers in this situation.

So the direction that should have been taken, when I said in post #2, "Unknown column 'tour_shown' indicates that the database is not at the CC602 schema, at least for the CubeCart_admin_users table," was to have the OP run the upgrade script.

Ok, I went down the wrong path.

What version was CC being upgraded from? Assuming the codebase was at CC602, that leaves just the database. I don't see where the address book would have caused this problem, unless upgrading from (probably) CC4?