Is there only 1 default skin in Cubecart 6?

Atechstl

I am not aware of any other skin specifically designed for CC6. There are CC5 skins that are supposedly "responsive" -- which is the main selling point of the Foundation skin.

The existing CC5 stock skins can be used with CC6, but, as has been observed, there will need to be some tweaks to make the CC5 skins display all of CC6's enhanced operational features.

I have made no experiments with third-party CC5 skins to see if they function with CC6. (Although, now that the Fusion-based third-party skins no longer 'phone-home', I may set aside some time to experiment with them in CC6.)

Whether there is someone out there actively developing a CC6-specific responsive skin (perhaps using Foundation as a base), no one has mentioned it to me.

I love the demo layout because it has 2 columns and a horizontal menu, but that does limit the amount of parent categories.  The current site I am working on has about 42 parent categories with sub categories to almost all of them.  I also like how products can be displayed on the newer default template.  The user has the option to view products in a single column or multi column and viewing the actual product, there is tabbed browsing.  My old template is compatible but it doesn't have these views added to it which is a reason, I may try to modify the new template to work. 

I am aware of a conversation that discussed the need for the top-level categories (TLC) to be best displayed as a vertical stack (similar to how Kurouto does it). I think a solution was found on the Foundation site.

The user-selectable "list" or "grid" view can be easily incorporated into a CC5 skin. And, I have developed instructions on how to incorporate tabbed panels of content.

One of the the third-party Fusion-based skins also has tabbed panels.

I see no mention of Cubecart on the site.  Am I right at saying that this foundation template system is so adaptable we can simply apply any of the plugins or snipits from this site to the new foundation template? I found the side navigation but it is limited.  It doesn't have the responsive accordion feature in my current design to show the sub categories.  http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/sidenav.html