Order numbering

BigDon

Following my upgrade for 5.12 to now v 6.0.4, I have lost the order numbering I had with the old cart.  For example,

Old order number: 150416-090623-1308

New order number: 14

What has happened to my old number scheme and how do I get it back?  I have the option for "Increment Order ID" checked under the Dashboard/Setting/Feature tab.  I don't see anywhere else to add/modify the order numbers. Perhaps I am missing it somewhere.....

Thanks,

-DON-

I sternly advise you to not attempt to "fix" the database records by replacing the '14' with what you think should have been the 'standard' order number.

Unless and until you are ridiculously knowledgeable about the CubeCart database schema, I will assert that attempting to do so will break a lot of things.

Thanks for the warning.  I am pretty knowledgeable with databases and networks in general, but I dare not venture into waters that I don't have an intimate knowledge of.

There are some other carts that allow one to start/modify the order numbers based on personal preferences or to seamlessly coincide their migration from one cart to another; which is why I made the comment about being able to modify/change it.  I have already looked at the DB schema and have a good general idea of where things are, but don't want to break anything that's not broken already!!!

Sequential order numbering is a requirement for some accounting standards and is also required by some tax authorities for example if you are VAT registered in most EU countries (most because it is an EU directive and therefore has to be enacted by each member country) then you MUST use sequential order numbering !

Ian