Beware of Firefox - too many issues at the moment

sailing123

Hi,

Just wanted to pass this info over to users like us who are using Firefox as their browser. In the last 24 hours, Firefox has started to not refresh pages properly, preventing us to update our stock manually, to reset our stats to zero, admin logs started to freeze, same with orders and customers details. It has been a nightmare today finding the reason why especially as yesterday evening I made a few changes to speed up the website and thought by default that I must have missed something and it must have been the gzip compression or a file I amended. It finally turned out that it was simply the browser playing on us. When we tried Chrome, everything was working fine so if you see anything playing funny and you are using Firefox, save yourself some time and use a different one !

Stressful day.

S.

Actually, shouted victory too early, needed to delete post but cannot see how yet ... not a browser issue afterall but certainly a cache issue somewhere so back to square one and just created a desperate help post into the third party forum as this is a 4.4.2 issue :-(

Well, not necessarily. There have been some firefox updates that have caused me some problems as well. Lately, I have been having updating issues within firefox and cubecart. Items aren't being saved. When I hit save there are occasions where it takes me back to the product page and the item I just saved is not in existence! I have yet to experience it with another browser.