Need File Upload feature

macat

I need a file upload feature for my cart, is anyone interested in discussing this?

I also would like the option to set my own shipping prices, either by number of items or weight and allow free shipping if a certain dollar amount is reached.

Edited by macat

• 10 months later...
On 4/29/2015 at 8:22 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

We are currently working on a V5 / V6 plugin to allow store customers to upload files so please contact us via our website for details

Ian

I would also be interested in this plugin, i cannot see it on the havenswift website (or on the cc extensions website), did it ever get developed?  I want to be able to upload a customer file on the product listing page (ideally to work similar to the product options, e.g. Part X requires, radio button, text box, upload file).

Thanks, Rob

Thanks for the replies.  

I run a zencart site (that i want to move to cubecart) that has this feature.  A summary of how this works is:-

• It has "file" as an available "product option" (similar to radio button / single line text / dropdpwn box etc).
  • When a product listing page has the "file" option, if a product is added to the basket it creates an entry as shown in the attached picture (on the admin side).  
  • The system renames the file with a consecutive number prefix (e.g. #01 - Test File).  It saves this on a tab, customer > uploads (shows files from all customers).  If the customer completes checkout this will be cross-reference with the order number.
  • The site owner can click the download link to access the file.
  • The customer invoice simply states the uploaded file name.

For me I run a laser cutting website and want people to be able to upload files to cut.  But this could also work for stickers//photo printing/custom t-shirts etc to pass artwork.

More info on the Zencart method is visible here... https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1133

Rob

File upload.jpg

Customer invoice.jpg

Bsmither helped someone some time ago develop a way to sell vinyl lettering signage in their CC store. Scratch that - it's not the vinyl lettering store evidently. But I'm almost sure I remember something along that line maybe a year ago???? I think it had some kind of uploading capability.

my intention is to release something that works in my the same way naturalsigns has suggested they want it. I have a requirement for it myself for one of my own mini projects and I am aware others are interested in it, so it will get developed once i've wrapped up some other items. :)

• 1 month later...