Australia post postage plugin for CCv6

rlors

Hi I am a new user to CubeCart.6 

I have the all in one shopping plugin installed, but  have a problem where I can only select postage by weight.

Australia post however charges for cubed weight.

Since some of my products are heavy, ie 16kg,  Australia Post will charge differing rates for different locations throughout Australia.

This can prove quite costly for me if postage is undercharded.

Australia Post on their web side postage calculator allows weight and dimensions to be entered as well as the  recipients post code to generate a postal charge. Site likes like Ebay also have the postage calculator for Australia post set up that allows dimensions to be entered.

Below is a link to Australia post web site postage calculator

aus post web site postage calculator

I hope I make sense, other Australian users must have this problem also

Edited by rlors

Please let us know, specifically, what it is about the module that is difficult to figure out.

I see an entry field for the weight (kg) of the typical box you use to ship, such as 0.2.

And fields for the HxWxL (cm), such as 15, 23, and 30.

The shipping module will accept the weights of the actual products in the cart, add the weight of the package, then ask AusPost for a rate quote for that weight and those dimensions.

Hello again, Ok, I think I have it now. I activated the Auspost plugin.

Then put in a example   weight of 1 kg and added example dimensions of 8cm x 8 cm x 16cm . This then gave me a default.

Then I went and purchased some items, which I had already added their weights in the system.

On check out there was a list of the products in the basket but no shipping costs, it was after I had entered the customer details and shipping address and post code that it calculated the cost of shipping. So now I can  proceed with my inventory and compare my shipping calculations against Aus posts shipping calculator on their web site and fine tune the defaults.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by rlors
spelling

Just to be clear, enter only digits in the module's fields. I see you say you added, for example, 8cm, but the cm is understood. So, only enter 8 in the field. Just to be clear.

​Hi yes I only entered the digits, not the cm.