[Resolved] USPS error: "Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country."

Lvic

Installed and configured USPS module, got it set to USA but when I place a test order, I get the following:

"Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries."

I've attached screengrabs for my configuration. My storefront is http://qm.sfi.org/index.php

disabled.png

allowed_zones.png

shipping-1.png

• 1 month later...

I have made done everything here and still get the same message "Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries."  I'm at a total loss...It's been a few years since I set up a website but I think I have gone through every option twice and can't find the problem.

With the USPS module enabled, and valid Username entered, and the products you are "buying" have some weight entered on their Product Details screen, the last place to check is what USPS says about your rate request.

Check the admin, Request Log for the latest Request/Response for USPS. Please copy the latest entry for the USPS module into your reply.

• 3 months later...

Coming back to this, created a 2nd USPS account, linked it to my QM site and got this:

Today, 14:12
Request Sent - http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dllAPI=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="sfi-qm"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>32340</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>08846</ZipDestination> <Pounds>1</Pounds> <Ounces>1</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>
Response received<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Number>80040B1A</Number><Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description><Source>USPSCOM::DoAuth</Source></Error>

The USERID you have entered in CubeCart's USPS control panel is not the User Id that the USPS will give you.

When you create a merchant account at USPS (possibly created with the username shown above to log in to your merchant account at USPS), USPS will create for you a User Id and Password. USPS will send you an email notifying you of these credentials. Again, the User Id you enter in the USPS control panel is that which USPS created for you and sent to you in an email.

• 3 months later...

I have the same error, Please help if you can.

Here is a screen shot of the last page i think im having problem with. and my request log info

Request Sent - http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll
API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="963TATTO7878"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>11741</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>117741</ZipDestination> <Pounds>12</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>LARGE</Size> <Container/> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>
Response received
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Number>-2147221202</Number><Source>Common:XmlParse</Source><Description>The element 'Package' has invalid child element 'Container'. List of possible elements expected: 'Width, Length, Height, Girth, Value, AmountToCollect, SpecialServices, Content, GroundOnly, SortBy, Machinable, ReturnLocations, ReturnServiceInfo, DropOffTime, ShipDate, RatePriceType, RatePaymentType'.</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error> 

MDleKQ8.jpg

Looking at your Request, two things:

1. The ZipDestination is 117741, which is not a valid USA postal code. You may want to fix that in the Order Summary.
2. If your package is LARGE, then the Container must be RECTANGULAR or NONRECTANGULAR (yours is VARIABLE - your only choice).

So, there is a logic error in the code and I will bring that up with the programmers.

In the meantime, set your Size to REGULAR.

DipJsYP.jpg

API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="963TATTO7878"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>11741</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>117741</ZipDestination> <Pounds>2</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>
Response received
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219497</Number><Source>RateEngineV4;RateV4.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the recipient. </Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></RateV4Response> 

I do have the right zip code up there, 11741, maybe its an error in the script, im going to try and input 1741 and see if that hitches up the glitch there, i think i understand the error referring to the zip code again, if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

that didnt seem to work, got the same error

The module needs the Zip Code of the destination address.

Until CubeCart has a valid destination address, that is to say, a customer's address, the store's address will be used to get a very temporary rate quote -- shipping from your store to your store.

So, if Cubecart has a customer's destination (or billing copied over to destination) address, check the address blocks for that customer at checkout.

If CubeCart does not yet have a customer's destination address, and the store's address is being used, please check Store Settings, General tab, and make sure your store's Zip Code is correct.

Please reload this forum page as I added some more content to my post above.

Enabling the admin to suspend the Estimated Shipping feature has been added to the latest version of CubeCart 6. (Not yet positive where that setting is at, however.)

okie there was an error in my store address, thanks for pointing that out, however im still getting an error, with and without an address and also, i dont understand the suspend estimated shipping feature would do? but here is a picture for example of correct address

0GGV6Hb.jpg

and also default address after correcting the business address in general tabyNDCZoA.jpg

the request log error is the same, saying invalid zipcode. am i missing a step some where?

and im using vs. 6 of cubecart (just in case)

API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="963TATTO7878"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>1741</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>11772</ZipDestination> <Pounds>2</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>
Response received
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219498</Number><Source>RateEngineV4;RateV4.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender. </Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></RateV4Response> 

I double checked the general tab again, its written correctly on the address, 11741, should i try putting an extra digit in the begining? it's cutting off the zip code.

its working now!

i double checked the plugin tab and i never saved putting it back to 11741, thanks so much, have a great night. **consider this resolved :)

Edited by lilyraine
Resolved