WordPress Plugin

I don't do Wordpress, so I have no knowledge of a Wordpress plugin that let's any other application, designed from the ground up to be a stand-alone program, sit inside Wordpress.

From the blurbs about WooCommerce, it is designed as a Wordpress plugin -- meaning, I suppose, it won't work outside of Wordpress.

What some have done is to put a link in the Wordpress frontpage that points to the /store/ folder where CubeCart is installed. And then hard-codes a link in the CubeCart menu structure that points back to the Wordpress installation.

What I am doing is using Word Press as the "Front End" and Blog, and CubeCart as the store.

But it would be nice to have it seamless. When you say the "link in the Wordpress frontpage that points to the /store/ folder"

Do you mean just a regular hot link? Nothing with the WordPress code?

WordPress can integrate in two different ways with applications like CubeCart - either with CubeCart as the front end using WordPress for a blog, or as a front end CMS with CubeCart purely as the store (which is effectively what WooCommece does).

WooCommerce is a plugin written using the WordPress framework and can therefore use the WordPress active theme.  You can get a similar setup by doing a little more work and we have done this for quite a few customers where we have developed a matching WordPress theme and CubeCart skin.

We are also in the middle of writing a CubeCart plugin that interfaces to the WordPress API to extract information such as blog posts, testimonials etc and display these within CubeCart - giving a completely integrated system.

if you are interested in seeing examples, then please let me know and they can be supplied

Thanks

Ian

• 1 year later...
On 21/05/2015 at 0:38 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

We are also in the middle of writing a CubeCart plugin that interfaces to the WordPress API to extract information such as blog posts, testimonials etc and display these within CubeCart - giving a completely integrated system.

if you are interested in seeing examples, then please let me know and they can be supplied

Ian, how have you progressed with integrating Wordpress and Cubecart? In particular, my interest here is avoiding customers having to log in twice if they're viewing different parts of the site I'm presenting them with. In other words, does your integration mean that someone logged in on the CC database will also be logged in as far as WP is concerned?

Thanks in advance,

Will

• 3 weeks later...
On 5 June 2016 at 2:48 PM, Will Shaman said:

Ian, how have you progressed with integrating Wordpress and Cubecart? In particular, my interest here is avoiding customers having to log in twice if they're viewing different parts of the site I'm presenting them with. In other words, does your integration mean that someone logged in on the CC database will also be logged in as far as WP is concerned?

The plugin is completed as far as the required functionality at the time, which was to provide an interface using WP-CLI to provide data extracted from the WordPress database via Smarty variables so it can be displayed within CubeCart.  Examples of this include extracting WP blog posts and also testimonials and displaying these on the homepage or other CubeCart pages. It is not a simple install, enable and go plugin as it needs some knowledge of coding to utilize it although we can do this work for you.

It doesn't currently do anything around logins but that can always be added depending on your exact requirements.  I assume that you are looking for single sign on for both a WP registered user and also for a CubeCart customer.  The best way would be to use CubeCart to register customers and then use that to sign on automatically as a WP user - would that suit or would you need something else ?

Ian

On 23/06/2016 at 11:58 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

I assume that you are looking for single sign on for both a WP registered user and also for a CubeCart customer.  The best way would be to use CubeCart to register customers and then use that to sign on automatically as a WP user - would that suit or would you need something else ?

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. Yes, my ideal would be for those logged in to my CC6 site to then be logged in to my WP site. CC is what I have built my main site in, as it's purpose is to sell stuff, but CC doesn't seem to be so strong when it comes to things like blogs, secure members areas, and indeed a community of developers who supply cheap or free plugins for many common requirements not directly related to CC's excellent shopping cart. It would be great to provide my customers with a seamless experience across the two systems.

• 4 years later...
On 5/21/2015 at 9:38 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

WordPress can integrate in two different ways with applications like CubeCart - either with CubeCart as the front end using WordPress for a blog, or as a front end CMS with CubeCart purely as the store (which is effectively what WooCommece does).

WooCommerce is a plugin written using the WordPress framework and can therefore use the WordPress active theme.  You can get a similar setup by doing a little more work and we have done this for quite a few customers where we have developed a matching WordPress theme and CubeCart skin.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian. Please send example. I am very interested. Thank you