Installed CC6, I am already familiar with version 4 and 5

I'm having an issue with store not sending out email when a purchase is made, I've checked with my provider Fasthosts, they have confirm port 25 is not blocked plus I have another installation on the same server running ver 4 OK.

I tried switching to SMTP setting using a functional SMTP server, but when I do a test I get the following error

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection timed out (110)
SMTP connect() failed.

I then resulted to Gmail's SMTP,on port 25 & 465 that still fails

Help what I'm I doing wrong

Edited by sergempanzu

BSMiller,

I contacted my host, here's the reply to your question

"IPV6 would not be an option we have enabled to use, only IPV4.

Best regards,

Fasthosts Customer Support"

I think you are doing nothing wrong (assuming you spelled the name of the SMTP server correctly), butI have no other suggestions. Sorry.

You can send me a PM with the name of the SMTP server you are trying to reach and I can try from where I am located.

I tried several ports for smtp.gmail.com, and all came back as:

Network unreachable (101)

Can not connect (110)

Some Error (0)

According to this FastHost document, they recommend using their SMTP server, if you have a FastHost email address other than Starter/Standard.

This FastHost document suggests that they do block outgoing emails (which is not the same as blocking via closed ports).

In CubeCart's email settings, is your domain name hosted with FastHosts? Do you have a FastHost email address? Yes, it is.

From what the first linked document says, your email address must be hosted on FastHost (so check if what you have for Sender's Email Address is an actual valid address known to FastHosts). This is the From address. Use the Outgoing SMTP host of 'smtp.fasthosts.co.uk'. The document does not mention the port to use, or if authentication is required. If necessary, upgrade your hosting account's email service to above Starter and Standard.

And it seems they have some throttles in place, and other requirements.