Errant Error Message on content.checkout.confirm.php

Dirty Butter

GItHub version from 05/29/15

I have an error message bubble (Please fill out this field) showing up at the top of the page (NOT near the form at all) when I try to click the Checkout button. By filling just one field at a time between checkout clicks, I can tell the problem is below the zip code. This has the new "nosubmit" line of code in it for countries, but taking it out does not make the checkout work, so I put it back.

I only have one gateway. It used to show, but now it is not showing at all. I suspect that is the issue. Has anything changed since 6.0.4 was released that could be my issue? How can I trouble shoot this error message?

I took out the </span>'s. I checked, and they did come from the latest commit. But I just remembered - seems like there was some kind of database change to be included in 6.0.5 upgrade.

UPDATE `CubeCart_email_content` SET `doc_content` = replace(`content_html`, '{$DATA.ship_method|replace:&#39;_&#39;:&#39; &#39;}', '{$DATA.ship_method}'); #EOQ
UPDATE `CubeCart_email_content` SET `doc_content` = replace(`content_html`, '{$DATA.ship_method|replace:'_':' '}', '{$DATA.ship_method}'); #EOQ
ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_inventory` ADD `description_short` TEXT NULL COMMENT 'Short Description' AFTER `description`; #EOQ
ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_inventory_language` ADD `description_short` TEXT NULL AFTER `description`; #EOQ
ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_option_value` CHANGE `value_name` `value_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''; #EOQ

Maybe it's the ship method change. Is there a way to run those changes without running Setup?

As for the error message - I searched for the phrase in phpMyAdmin - it's not in my language changes, and it's not in my version of definitions.xml, either. I had already double checked to be sure I deleted the references in main.php to foundation.abide.js, but just to be sure I checked - this warning isn't in that file, either.

I have a problem with the UPDATE commands as there is no (supposedly) column named 'doc_content' in the CubeCart_email_content database table. And the second update should be replacing the strings in the `content_text` column.

These are regular SQL statements. You can run them in phpMyAdmin. You can even run them in CubeCart's admin, Maintenance, Database Query tab edit window.

I'm actually starting to believe the rogue </span> tags are supposed to be there. It's the starting <span> tags that are missing.

At the bottom of content.checkout.confirm.php are a series of error message phrases. The validator javascript marries the id of the message with the id of the span so that the error message gets displayed next to the form element that failed validation. (See line 142.)

The file cubecart.validate.js sets up the placement where the error message gets displayed, and if there is no associated place, then a general javascript alert() window pops up. I suppose depending on the browser, the alert window could appear in the middle of the viewport or wherever the browser want to put it.

OK - I've found this much - it has something to do with checking that billing and shipping addresses are the same.

If I provide a shipping address instead, checkout continues. And once I use a valid zip the gateway choice shows up, with correct s/h.

Hi both, the master build isn't always stable and I think this was work in progress so be careful when using the master package! From my testing the checkout works fine on the current build but I'll do more tests before the planned release tomorrow.