[Resolved] Deleting Specification and Product Information Tabs

Help!! I'm a newbie making a site for a non-profit to handle orders and sales of tickets to an event. Since I don't need it, I would like to remove the product information and specification tabs from the product page. How do I go about this?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Capture.JPG

Welcome garitoml! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

In the Foundation skin file content.product.php, find these two statements near lines 140 and 149:

140: <dl class="tabs" data-tab data-options="deep_linking:true; scroll_to_content:false">

149: <div class="tabs-content">

What we will do is apply a CSS style to make them disappear: style="display:none;"

140: <dl class="tabs" data-tab data-options="deep_linking:true; scroll_to_content:false" style="display:none;">

149: <div class="tabs-content" style="display:none;">

You may need to clear the skin cache after having edits to the skin file: admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear Cache.

As an aside, I ran a CC3 store that sold conference registrations. I know what you're involved with in getting CubeCart to do this.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Can this edit be translated for v6?

Better yet, add it to admin as an option, since it seems common. There are very few situations I could ever imagine wanting the specs that are shown...and in my case, they are actually damaging because the shipping weight is very distracting from the actual product weight.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for asking that question as I wanted to get rid of the specifications tab so I used the display none as follows just for that section.

<dd style="display:none;"><a href="#product_spec">{$LANG.common.specification}</a></dd> with V6.1.5

It works just fine :-)

• 1 year later...

Archived