Adding manufacturer filter

bobdonkey

OK paid for the advanced search plugin and this is pretty useless in my opinion:

- It adds a new search box. Why would you want to have 2 search boxes on the website? Confusing for users.

- It shows ALL manufactures in the manufactures table, regardless of whether there are any products in the database from that manufacturer. It should only list items if there is actually a product.

- It doesn't allow you to just filter on manufacturer. You have to do a search.

What I need is a way to filter when in a category based on manufacturer, not do a whole search. Any ideas?

OK I found what you meant, yes advanced search is very similar to the advanced search plugin. Neither are what I am after. I would like it to work as follows:

- When browsing a category, there is a filter at the top. I either need to add a new drop down here for manufacturer, or have tick boxes in the sidebar to allow filtering by manufacturer. Users shouldn't have to do a search, they might just want to show all the products in the category by that manufacturer.

Thanks for the help thus far, but it seems I might to code this myself. If anyone had any pointers it would be useful.

Thanks