Upgrade from within Admin Failed Again

Just upgraded 6.0.4 to 6.0.5 from within CC Admin, and again it failed. Click the Upgrade link and a new tab opens, browser throbber spins for a bit, then nothing. But on going back to CC it says I'm on the new version, so I used the Force reload option - fails again. Use the upload zip file and install via setup (indicates I'm on 6.0.4), and it works. Error message in php log:

[01-Jun-2015 08:42:13 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129546838 bytes) in /XXX/XXX/public_html/dirtybutterestates.com/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 237
[01-Jun-2015 08:42:50 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129546838 bytes) in /XXX/XXX/public_html/dirtybutterestates.com/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 237

This store has about a 100 products with almost 1,000 web optimized images.

Hopefully this info will give someone a clue as to why some auto updates fail.

Hi DB and Al.

My upgrade went through OK, however once I returned to the Dashboard I get this warning :

• WARNING: Your store appears to be using source code from 6.0.5 but the database is still at 6.0.4.Please complete the upgrade by running the setup process.

D

I dont remember having to run a setup process before from V5 to V6.

Do I run the set up and have to enter all the connection data?

Since my data was still on 6.0.4 I had to do the whole thing manually. That means use cpanel File Manager to upload the whole 6.0.5.zip file with 744 permission, extract, and then run setup from the browser. There were database changes in this upgrade - that's not always the case.

Since yours says the data is on 6.0.5, you might try just ftp'ing the setup file from extracted 6.0.5.zip to your store root and run setup from there.

Edited by Dirty Butter

Hi DB and Al.

My upgrade went through OK, however once I returned to the Dashboard I get this warning :

• WARNING: Your store appears to be using source code from 6.0.5 but the database is still at 6.0.4.Please complete the upgrade by running the setup process.

This means that your upgrade didnt complete OK - the files were uploaded but the database not updated. As has been said, manually upload the setup directory and then in a browser, go to www.yourstore.com/setup and run the upgrade (you will not need to enter connection details again as that is only needed on new installations).

The reason that upgrades fail from within the dashboard is down to the process running out of resources such as the maximum memory allowed

Ian

Thanks Ian.

(you will not need to enter connection details again as that is only needed on new installations).

I have run www.yourstore.com/setup and have got to the page where it asks for database name, password etc.  

Database Host
Username
Password

I am not able to get past this page.

Any suggestions? Is there another way?

Thanks for the info, All I did was click on the setup icon in the WARNING message.

However I was not clear about which icon to click on regarding installation. There was a choice of two. I repeated the setup using the top icon and it went through easily.

Many thanks.