Custom return page

Nightform

I'd like to know how to create a custom return page after a customer does a paypal purchase, i created another paypal account apart from the one i'm using for the site, to make a test buy, everything works 100%, but when you return to the site from paypal, it doesn't show or tell you how to get your digital downloads, cause to get it you need to select profile, and go into digital downloads, i've also noticed that the download images next to the files doesn't appear, i'm using the E-tone black theme,. i want to create a return page which explains how you can access the downloads, before a customer starts getting worried after making a purchase, 

Also i'd like to ask, it doesn't look like paypal account optional is working, it's set to on, but when you select paypal from the basket, the pay with credit card/debit card doesn't appear, you can only register or login with paypal, i don't know if it has anything to do with the themes which are used, cause i remember it working, but i changed some setting or something to make it go away, it's set on in my paypal selling preferences

I also tried activating and de-activating the features in store settings, i just can't get the debit/credit card feature to work anymore

features.jpg

ex.jpg

In the E-Tone template file content.downloads.php, line 13, the link for the download icon image points to:
{$STORE_URL}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/images/common/file_download.png

But there is no /common/ folder.

Suggest:
{$STORE_URL}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/images/file_download.png

Yeah i see that the image url points to /skins/e-tone/images/common/file_download.png and the folder isn't there, but the file_download.png is in the /skins/e-tone/images/ folder,

i created the common folder and added my own custom image for it, it's working again thanks for the help ! 

but i still don't know how to get the debit payment with paypal to work, it worked before, but there's something i did to make it go away

ch.png

I use PayPal as the gateway. I've never been able to get the Express to accept credit/debit cards, rather than requiring the creation of a PP account. How recently did you get it to work without creating a PP account? I don't sell digital files, so I can't help with anything else.

It was only like 2 days ago, but i was changing settings and themes and stuff all the time, i changed some setting by mistake, and i don't know which it is, i'm starting to think that it could possibly be the theme i was using, and i have all the themes for v6, but the one i finally like which fits for my site is e-tone, i can't remember which theme i had when it was able to accept direct credit/debit card payment with paypal, i'll have to try each theme until works, but it may not be that, i just can't figure it out, and i tried searching google for answers but i'm not lucky with it

Yeah i see that the image url points to /skins/e-tone/images/common/file_download.png and the folder isn't there, but the file_download.png is in the /skins/e-tone/images/ folder,

i created the common folder and added my own custom image for it, it's working again thanks for the help !

So this looks like a bug within that third party skin. The listing says this and their other skins were developed for V5 but will work with V6 - there are an increasing number of changes required to V5 skins for them to be able to function correctly with V6.  This however simply looks like a bug - you should always test any issues you are having with a standard core skin to see if they still happen as that eliminates and issues caused by third party skins

Ian

Why now when i change currencies the prices stays fixed, like something would cost R100 south african rand, which should then be $8 us dollars, but when you change the currency it becomes $100, so i changed the main currency back to dollars, and now when you select rand from the homepage, it becomes 10 rand, since i made the product 10 dollars, and i selected update exchange rates before i changed anything, oh wait i see, somehow the auto updated exchange rate made rand and dollar 1 vs 1, it costs R12 for one dollar

So this looks like a bug within that third party skin. The listing says this and their other skins were developed for V5 but will work with V6 - there are an increasing number of changes required to V5 skins for them to be able to function correctly with V6.  This however simply looks like a bug - you should always test any issues you are having with a standard core skin to see if they still happen as that eliminates and issues caused by third party skins

Ian

​Well it didn't make the theme unusable, still like it, but now i'm using Koruto blue, the theme i need is something really dark, like blacked out with a very smooth kinda white font, with blue links, and some blue around the product area's, that i just can't do myself, i make songs, make the websites, make music video's, i can't fit making and editing of themes into my schedule, never mind all the promoting and managing i gotta go through, but cubecart seems to have been my best choice, i'm happy with it

Yeah thanks ! i did, i entered it manually, checked google, but i'm not sure if it was when i chose to use the rand as the default currency which then made the board use the rand as the central figure, like it appears that the dollar is fixed, it'll always be on 1.00 so the fetch rates works around the dollar, and when i chose the rand, it worked around the rand it appears

I think the current way the currencies work is this:

Pick the store's default currency. The default currency is what CubeCart uses internally everywhere! It is also what is sent to your payment processor, so choose your payment processor wisely.

In Currencies, now set the exchange rate for the default currency to 1.00000. If you now use the Update Rates function, all the other currencies will have their exchange rates adjusted against the default.

Now, you can manually change the exchange rate (mouse-click on the number, it changes to an editable field) of any currency other than the default. Save.

As I said, CubeCart uses the default currency internally, so all your money amounts will be entered assuming that currency - but do not include the currency symbol, use only the period as the decimal point, and do not use commas, apostrophes, spaces or anything else to denote thousands separator.

CubeCart will make the exchange rate conversion for display purposes only. That is, if the visitor wants to see Australian Dollars, CubeCart will use the value you entered as the item price, make the exchange rate conversion (even for 1.00000), add the currency symbol, and display the result.

Getting back to the original post, "[the transaction complete page] doesn't show or tell you how to get your digital downloads."

So, when an order has been successfully transacted, and CubeCart gets properly notified about it, and then properly moves the order to Processing (or Completed), then CubeCart shows the skin template content.receipt.php. This template shows the order summary and the items of the order.

CubeCart also sets up a notification banner that reads, "Many thanks for your order! Payment has been received and your order is now being processed." We can add to that message an additional phrase that says (if there is a digital product in this order), "You may download your digital files from your store account download area." And if logged in, give a link to the downloads area.

If this is a 'ghost' customer, they won't have an account area, so the message may read instead, "An email has been sent with the links to your digital files."

Another option is to place the download links in the receipt template.

We can do one or both.