CC6: Show all categories

bos

When browsing in Admin -> Categories, only the top level categories are shown.  I can't even find how to change a sub category.

Is there a way to enable showing the subcategories as well, preferably in a structured tree or something?

CC v6, as the subject suggests.

I found the links shortly after posting (of course...) but I find those horribly inefficient. For now I have just got ~6 categories, but later on I will have around 100-200 including subs. Clicking around everyone and everywhere just to find a sub feels like tedious work. Is there not a plugin or anything that shows them all in a structured tree for easy re-arrangement?

Sorry - didn't pay enough attention to your title.

So you have in mind to be able see the whole category structure at once - and then to move subcategories around among categories by sliding, rather than changing the parent structure?

I would GUESS that showing the whole category tree at once is relatively easy to do, by editing core files and/or css layout.

Since the categories will slide, perhaps sliding subcategories around is doable, but I suspect, more difficult.

I find those horribly inefficient. For now I have just got ~6 categories, but later on I will have around 100-200 including subs. Clicking around everyone and everywhere just to find a sub feels like tedious work. Is there not a plugin or anything that shows them all in a structured tree for easy re-arrangement?

I think that if you had 100 to 200 (or maybe several thousand as some of our client stores do) that you would find the display and use terrible looking and unusable.  The current functionality suits most people but curious to know how having a huge list displayed could be more efficient

Ian

Alright, point taken.

But consider this, a real life problem; 100 existing categories (lots of subs). I'm looking for a particular category to see if it exists. If not, I want to add it.

How do you find (or not)? Clicking through 100 categories? Time consuming. A huge list would allow me to Ctrl+F, or similiar, to find it immediately (given it exists).