Jump to content

Resolved - version 6 upgrade


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I upgraded from version 5.2.16 to 6.0.5. It was working fine when I checked last time which was about 3 days ago but the version seems to have a major issue. My site was really slow and the images were not loading not even a single and god knows how long it had been like that as I was away. I have rolled back to 5.2.16 and seems like its working fine but would like to ask if you could fix the issue as soon as possible.

 

Regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @prab007 

We haven't come across any other cases like this and I would say that 6.0.5 is more stable than any v5 release. Unless there are any error logs to say otherwise that the upgrade version is coincidental. Maybe the server hit a heavy load? Please let us know if you find anything interesting in the php or apache error logs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you tried your store with a stock Foundation skin? I used to use Blueprint, which is another Fusion skin from the same developer. It is possible to get a comparable look and function with Foundation. It does take a willingness to either pay for cosmetic changes and/or the time to make the edits yourself. I did a little of both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@bsmither @Al Brookbanks Thanks but even the fusion update did not help. I just figured out the problem seems with SSL certificate path but not sure where. Even in v5 if SSL is enabled on all pages the problem occurs but if I disable it works fine. It seems that SSL is the issue with v6 aswell. I would be grateful if you could help me on this.

Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back up your database first, as you may have to revert to the backup. No promise this will work at all, or fix your issue. It may make a mess!!

But maybe it's worth a try. Go to the SSL tab of Store Settings and delete the Standard Store url and Save.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great!!! I'll mark this as Resolved, but comment again if it starts up, and I can always take the Resolved off. If you would, could you attach a copy of your original .htaccess file? It might help solve this issue. I, too, had to delete my .htaccess to get 6.0.5 to work properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know enough to know if that's why the upgrade was an issue or not. But it looks odd to me. Just to clarify - were you on SSL BEFORE your upgrade?

I had some Redirects in mine that seem to have caused my issues, and you had some Redirects as well. I'll attach my old one, so maybe someone can spot how to keep this from causing problems with the new SSL coding. .htaccess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@prab007 There's a brand new GitHub change that MAY be the correction for the problem you and I were having with the original .htaccess file causing issues on 6.0.5.

If you would, please backup seo.class.php and then do this:

1. Comment out this section, as shown:

			/*	COMMENTED OUT PER GITHUB } elseif (!strstr($current_contents,'RewriteBase '.CC_ROOT_REL) || !strstr($current_contents, CC_ROOT_REL.'index.php')) {
					
					$find = array(
							'/^.*?RewriteBase.*\n?/m',
							'/^.*?ErrorDocument.*\n?/m'
						);
					$replace = array(
							"\tRewriteBase ".CC_ROOT_REL."\r\n",
							"ErrorDocument 404 ".CC_ROOT_REL."index.php\r\n"
						);

					if(!file_put_contents($htaccess_path, preg_replace($find, $replace, $current_contents))) {
						die('Failed to update existing .htaccess file for Search Engine Friendly URL\'s. Please edit this file in the stores root directory to have the content.<textarea style="width: 400px; height: 300px;" readonly>'.$current_contents.'</textarea>');
					}
					$GLOBALS['cache']->write('1',$cache_id);
					httpredir(); */

2. Then rename the working .htaccess file and replace it with your copy of your ORIGINAL .htaccess file.

See how things work and please report back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The code I showed above is in the seo.class.php file. Putting the /* at the beginning and */ at the end has the effect of keeping that code from doing anything in the file. It comments it out.

So Search for RewriteBase in the code. Be sure you have the correct section and put the /*     */ around it, as I did above, being sure to leave a space next to the *'s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I apologize. I try out GitHub code for the next version from time to time - in this case what will eventually be 6.0.6. At one point since 6.0.5, this code was ADDED and then DELETED as apparently having unintended consequences.

I'm sorry for your confusion, as it is all my fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...