Resolved - Cross-Browser Incompatibility

kab

The Admin page throws an error when logging in through Internet Explorer, Chrome, Comodo Dragon and Comodo Ice Dragon. The only browser it supports is Firefox. This is a grave error. 

I have attached the snapshot. I cleared the cache, cookies and history in all these browsers but to no avail. Can't really have us restricted to Mozilla Firefox only. How can this issue be solved? Please advise. 

cubecart_admin_error.png

CubeCart uses a security technique of incorporating a hidden form element called 'token'. A new token is generated after each form is submitted to CubeCart. This new token then is incorporated in the next form that is sent to the visitor.

There have been some reports that the token is consistently mismatched between a visitor's browser and what CubeCart has last generated. There are a few causes:

The browser will constantly use a local cached copy of the form that has an expired token. Or, the hosting provider has installed some sort of page caching mechanism on their servers that will consistently serve remote cached copies of the page. Or two or three other extraordinarily weird cases I have seen.

Would you please confirm with your hosting provider that they do or do not implement some sort of caching mechanism. (This is not the same as CubeCart's cache.)

Only in the admin side of the store is this warning displayed. The effect is the same on the storefront, but without the dire warning banner.

Hello! My current implementation is on a localhost with WAMP setup (on windows 7). Could that be an issue? However, for caching to happen, I'd expect at least one successful login or a previous login attempt. Neither are the cases. Further, I have had the cache, cookies & temp files deleted from each browser. So, it does look like a strange phenomenon to me. 

The Admin page throws an error when logging in through Internet Explorer, Chrome, Comodo Dragon and Comodo Ice Dragon. The only browser it supports is Firefox. This is a grave error. 

I have attached the snapshot. I cleared the cache, cookies and history in all these browsers but to no avail. Can't really have us restricted to Mozilla Firefox only. How can this issue be solved? Please advise. 

cubecart_admin_error.png

cubecart_admin_error.png

​There is definitely a serious issue with Chrome. Attached is a snapshot of the "Store" side of the issue.  Here is a step-wise description of the problem.

1. I select a product and add it to my basket

2. I select a 2nd product and add it to my basket

3. Error: Instead of including both products, the first product is replaced by the 2nd product

4. When I go to the basket, it shows your basket is empty, even though I had one product selected (limited to only 1 product due to #3)

I anticipate that most of my customers would be using Chrome (Chromebook users). So, this really puts me in a catch-22 situation :(

basket-empty-chrome.png

So, after much research and experiments, I have finally concluded that CC6 has an issue with IE & Chrome and works only with Firefox based browsers.

Did everything possible, from physically cleaning cache, cookies, history to setting it up in the browser, disabling caching at the server side. Nothing works.

No matter what I do, the store simply replaces the previously added product with the newly selected one (instead of adding 2 products in the basket) and when I check the basket, it says Basket is empty.

On the admin side, there is is persistent CSRF error which simply refuses to let me in. 

cubecart_admin_error.png

basket-empty-chrome.png

There have been a couple of similar weird reports that was solved (apparently) by making sure the vistor's time on their computer was correct.

It seems that the computer's time was off by more than what was tolerated by the browser being used.

I think it was Chrome and the computer was off by an hour. Thus, Chrome received cookies that were timestamped (having the correct time) too far out of sync with the time Chrome thought it was. Therefore, Chrome dumped the cookies and weirdness ensued.

These are minutest of things which can put one off :-) There are many such small configs which get so easily missed!

I have to give it to you guys for your active participation in this foru.

I think now I will finally go live in July with CC as my main chariot!

Apache installed thru WAMP gives an option to load/unload modules thru a UI. Under Linux the right module (missing the exact names) will need to be downloaded I presume - just as you do with mod_write. 

Since my Ubuntu Laptop has come back from repairs today, I'll be setting up CC on this Linux environment. Will dig into this and post the exact steps.

This link might be of help

Apache Session Cookie Module

Edited by kab
Additional info