Problem with the USPS plugin/Shipping Methods

brknyc

I'm sure whatever I'm doing wrong is super simple, but I've added USPS, UPS, and FedEx, and every time I refresh my cart, I get an error that says "Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country."

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, and could use some advice. The products in the cart weigh 0.40 lbs, I've set the Country to US, and everything *seems* to be in agreement, yet the problem persists. Any advice or guidance would be helpful! 

Thanks!

The USPS module uses CubeCart's Request class, and by doing that, a record of the rate request and reply is logged in the admin's Request log.

The UPS module uses the Request class, so there should be rate requests and replies from UPS in the Request log as well.

Also, the Fedex module code has trigger_error() statements when something goes wrong or is unexpected. Those messages should appear in admin, System Log, System Error Log tab.

Please let us see what was submitted in the request, and the complete reply.

When I have gotten this error it is because at least one of the items in the cart has no weight associated with it. Not even a 0 weight. It's just blank.

You may want to take a look at your products to make sure they all have weights associated with them

Hope this helps

there are definitely weights associated with the products. but thanks for the help!

here's a screen cap of the request logs. The invalid packaging seems a little confusing, but I suppose that's a starting point.

Thanks for the helpful replies!

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 9.44.07 AM.png

Please copy/paste just a single log entry for UPS - the one complaining about the packaging. I would like to see what kind of packaging the service (Ground) cannot handle.

And you have an interesting error for USPS - username too long. USPS gives you your username when you sign up for a web services account.

Here's the full request log.

Request Sent - http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=23607&19_destPostal=23607&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=0.8&47_rateChart=Customer%2BCounter&48_container=01&49_reaccept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=23607&19_destPostal=23607&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=0.8&47_rateChart=Customer%2BCounter&48_container=01&49_residential=1
Response receivedUPSOnLine5%The selected service is not valid with the selected packaging.%1500%

The thing about the username is interesting...I signed up with that on USPS.com, and everything went fine on that front...

I believe the user/pass to access your USPS account's control panel is not the same as the USPS-supplied username to allow your application to access the USPS web services API.

You should have received an email from USPS advising you that, initially, your access to the web services API is directed to a testing server where you can finalize the performance of whatever you are developing.

But, since the USPS plugin only accesses the Shipping API for a rate request, once you have actually had a good USPS response, you need to send an email back to USPS requesting they move your account's access over to their production server Shipping API.

As for UPS, the settings seem to be set for Packaging Type: "UPS Letter Envelope", and Service: "Ground".

So, if you actually send your product in an envelope, then choose some else in addition to Ground. Otherwise, choose "Custom Packaging" for the Packaging Type.