Can't add to basket after upgrade from CC4 to CC6.0.5

I just updated my old site from CC4 to CC6.0.5 and it all went fairly well. Problem is that now whenever I try to add an item to the basket from either the category page or product page I get a blank screen. I am not getting any error info or logs to share. Just a blank screen and this is the url that is showing up http://www.badwifelingerie.com/backup/index.php?_a=basket

I reinstalled all the files again thinking maybe something was corrupted or missing but no luck.

Has anyone run into this? Any ideas where to start looking?

Bill Cooke

I've tried switching skins, turning off the gateway and shipping options and I changed the setting that takes you straight to the basket when you add a product. Things are going into the basket but you can't open the basket or checkout.

I just visited your site. For any site, I first visit with all javascript disallowed to run. I do get a page at ?_a=basket (Basket Empty, duh!)

However, when I add something to the basket, then I get a blank page at ?_a=basket.

The blank page is caused by a 500 Internal Server Error. So, I don't think it's a javascript error.

Depending how you have Nginx set up with PHP (FastCGI, or some kind of web server managed module like Apache), a crashed PHP may cause the web server to issue the 500ISE.

Or, it could very well be something about nginx's configuration (or its equivalent of a .htaccess file) that does not like what PHP is serving.

The fact that I get a page when I have no cookie to send back to your store leads me to believe that PHP does not like something that is being pulled from the database.

Please read this conversation, create the file, and let us know what the error log says.

Why doesn't nginx support htaccess files?

So, I'm going to conclude that the 500ISE is because of rules in the nginx configuration that attempts to do something like URL ReWrite, but is failing with CubeCart6.

I am not familiar with nginx enough to be of much help with writing those rules in whatever file nginx uses for URL ReWriting, but there seems to be a couple of online converters that may help.

Thank you so much for the replies. I am thinking it might not be a server/host problem as I setup a clean install to test first and it worked just fine. It was only when I went to upgrade the store that I ran into problems.

I did have some issues setting up the all in one shipping module so that link you sent made it think that might be the issue. On the clean install I had no problems. I had the old paid Estelle mod on the old store and it brought over most of the info when it upgraded but I could not update the shipping rates. I have deleted all the rows in those tables now and still having the problem.

Tried repairing and optimizing all tables that relate to the basket and no change.

What files control the checkout and basket? Must be something got messed up or corrupted I'm thinking.

There is no one specific file of PHP code that controls the checkout and basket. There is one template file (that includes two or three other element template files) - content.checkout.php.

"I also setup the ini.custom.inc"

Did you spell the filename correctly? ini-custom.inc.php

I just switched over the the clean install DB (changed the global.inc file) and it works now. Something in the database did not upgrade correctly I guess. I can revert back to CC4 and try again and see what happens I guess. That is why you ALWAYS BACKUP!!!

OK, so now I can get to see the basket but when I go to checkout the product info does not show up. The order is generated but no product info other than price and you cannot update the order status. I tried updating the tables again as described in the other post but no luck. When I select print order form as the gateway I get the blank screen 500 error again.

I just noticed the incremental order number box was checked. I switch that off and everything works just fine. Think we found the problem! Hooray!