6.0.5 Currency choice issue

We have two 6.0.5 stores. Choosing a different currency works on one, but on the other I get a 404.

On comparing the database tables, I see that the one that works has a string of numbers for the currency name - e.g. JPY is 4a6170616e6573652079656e

On the store that does NOT work, I have written out names - e.g. Japanese Yen.

The Admin pages look alike.

It should be easy enough to copy over the correct table, but has anyone else experienced such issues with upgrade? Not sure if this happened on 6.0.5 upgrade or not.

This, 4a6170616e6573652079656e, is a hex-number representation of the letters 'J', 'a', 'p', 'a', etc.

Why the letters are hex represented, I do not know. And why a 404? Is the 404 coming from some new feature of CubeCart, or is this a genuine web server complaint from a malformed URL (like the "Any" filter choice in admin, Products)?

The 404 is that new error page, either from 6.0.5 or my GitHub changes that will eventually be 6.0.6 - I can't remember. Their structures are different in the database. Which way is stock? I have no idea how the other one got there. The store that works was originally a clean v5 install. The other was originally a v4 store.

I've already overwritten all admin files pertaining to currency from the working to messed up store, but that didn't change anything. And I compared main.php for both stores and saw no anomaly there, either.

I just noticed there were more currencies checked in Admin on the faulty store, so I unchecked the extra ones. And NOW it works!! Hmmmm.