Resolved - Need Find/Replace Help with Google Category Change

Dirty Butter

Google has removed the category tree choice I was using for Baby Toys, and I need to do a find/replace to go

FROM Baby & Toddler > Baby Toys

TO  Baby & Toddler > Baby Toys > Baby Soothers

I tried this, with single quote, double quote, and back tick variations, but nothing seems to work on a Simulated Query in my phpMyAdmin.

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET google_category = replace(google_category,"Baby & Toddler > Baby Toys","Baby & Toddler > Baby Toys > Baby Soothers");

Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to do this?

PS: This is the first time I've had to deal with a google-category change - might be worth checking yours to see if any of yours now have reverted to Please Select. At least your previous choice should still be in your database (mine is).

The syntax looks correct. Have you checked the column "google_category" to see what it reads?

I just tested it using:

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET google_category=REPLACE(google_category,'Baby & Toddler > Baby Toys & Activity Equipment > Baby Soothers','test')

The google_category was set to "test"

Just to clarify, I was using phpMyAdmin to execute the query.

Edited by [email protected]

THANKS!!

It's good to know it was not my code. It may be the cpanel's Simulate Query results is the issue - that's new for my cpanel.

I appreciate you confirming this, as I have used that search/replace pattern in the past several times.

I WAS able to finally get a good new result, as I discovered my new phpMyAdmin had a Search/Replace tab that did not require me to use a query.

*Another warning for others - the celebrid app I have been using to decide on the best category, https://celebird-cloud.appspot.com/apps/celebird-taxonomy-app.html, is now not up-to-date.