Notifications to Suppliers

kab

I have a number of suppliers associated with me. Whenever an order is placed, I want to review the order and redirect it to the supplier for fulfilling it. How can that be done in CC6?

Also, Is there a way to link a product to a specific supplier so that the supplier will automatically know of any orders placed for that product and will fulfill the order?

I have made a mod for another CubeCart user that sends an email to one of several order fulfillment houses (warehouse drop-shippers) depending on the manufacturer. Send me a PM with your email address and we can tweak it to suit your needs.

There is another thread here https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/49364-dropship-shipping-module/ that discussed this but while people "said" they were interested, had no response or followup from anyone.  Would still like to rewrite our V4 mod so it is a true V6 plugin but not much point unless there is enough interest so if anyone is keen on this type of functionality, please get in contact

Ian

@kab,

I have a plugin ready for dropship notifications. If you are willing to assist with beta testing, send me a PM.

If anyone else has a need to notify suppliers/manufacturers that orders need fulfilled, and are willing and has the time to dedicate to beta test, send me a PM.

Good Morning,

I've actually developed an in depth solution to this for somebody else recently, although this has not been released for general use. It sounds like you are looking for the same, or similar solution.

My system allows the automated / manual sending of e-mails to suppliers once an order has been placed. It firstly obtains a quote from the supplier. If you are happy with the quote you can turn this into a full order. It sends a follow up order to the supplier and confirms the order. It supports sending of orders directly to your customer or to your store address. It saves previous quotes and can use previous quote prices within X amount of time. for example if a quote is over 28 days old it will request the most recent price from the supplier, if it is under 28 days old it assumes the price from the supplier is correct.

The plugin I wrote to do this requires no code edits and is a true CC6 plugin. Perhaps I can write a modified version to meet your specific requirements. Please feel free to drop me a private message here or open up a support ticket at http://www.noodleman.co.uk/support and we can talk it over.

All the best,

Alec (Noodleman)

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, Kalarah said:

I would be interested in such a plugin, extension as I do have distributors that will dropship.

I would suggest that you contact Noodleman, Havenswift, or Bsmither directly - whichever sounds most useful to you. Don't depend on just your comment to get results.

Every store has a different set of requirements when it comes to this type of setup, so the solution will depend on those requirements. I've delivered this functionality for other customers over the past 18 months and it's working well for them. I've also used it myself in the past when I ran my own drop ship  stores.

Some drop ship providers even provide you with an API, meaning you can place the orders direct with them rather than just sending a mail. If your looking for a solution for this drop me a mail and we can explore your needs.