Product Options & Stock Control

I am evaluating CubeCart (v6.0.5) for use as a shop within our charity website, I am very impressed with the main functionality & ease of use.

I would be grateful for some clarification and/or advice as the site will need to be able to sell T-Shirts & Running Vests of various sizes.

Firstly, I have used the product options to create a dropdown list of the different products sizes (S,M,L,XL) which gives me different price & weight options in the admin area, however, I cannot seem to find how to set or manage different stock levels for each size option.  Have I missed something or is this facility not available at this time?

Secondly, if a customer selects to purchase the product from the product summary page (Add to Cart) then it by-passes the product detail page with the size select dropdown so a size is not set, is there a way to make this a mandatory field that is prompted for whenever the item is ordered?

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

I always take the Add to Cart button off and show the Info button instead. That way they have to buy from the full description page. This edit option is commented out, but in the stock code. Please note that edits do not survive upgrades, unless you rename your skin folder and in the skin config file.

I don't use Options, but I know stock levels can be set.

Welcome mjb123! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

We are concerned that, when editing a product where you have assigned options, you do not also see the Product Options Matrix table. Perhaps on the Options table, you should check the Options Matrix checkbox. Save and Reload.

To make an option mandatory, please revisit where you first created these options. There will be a checkbox to make the Option Group a required choice.

Thanks guys for your help.

I have used the matrix option and hey presto a new table appears with the stock levels etc., all seems good from initial testing.

The 'required' setting also does the job, although I also will consider changing the 'Add to basket' to 'Info' as it might improve the UX.

I will continue to evaluate CubeCart, I am very pleased with what I have tried so far.

Please can you advise me if there are any user guides with procedural instructions on site administration or tips & tricks that you could suggest I review for my fundraising users.  Ideally this should be for v6 and aimed at less technical users who will mainly be involved in product maintenance, reviewing orders, stock levels etc.

Thanks again for your assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Look in content.category.php in the skins templates. Around line 161 you should find:

{* Uncomment this if you want to show a more info link
               <a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}" class="button tiny secondary left">{$LANG.common.info}</a>
               *}

You can always comment out the add to cart button instead. That's what I do.