UK customers getting started with Royal Mail

veganline

♦Royal Mail uses a different list of country names to anyone else, but only has 4 world pricing zones and a reasonable set of weights, so a template could help a shopkeeper set prices for different weights to different countries.
♦Royal Mail has cheap & green prices like £2.80 2nd class 2kg UK-to-UK, small parcels size, proof of posting included. No tracking.
♦Royal Mail has a confusing & changing list of services, but only a few that each vendor would use often, so a base to get started would help.
♦Royal Mail has not realised that they'd make more money if they wrote free plugins for shopping cart companies. As CC and some of the users are based in the UK, anyone could ask an MP to forward a letter to Royal Mail asking for something reasonable. I don't know if there would be a reply but it's free via writetothemcom.
♦Royal Mail's size constraints for international postage are obscure while they have I think 4 of them for UK-to-UK, The way they publish changes of price are obscure to me although other people probably understand and I've never been caught-out. If you are a small-scale UK shopkeeper using their published price list for parcels dropped-off at a post office, you can probably cope with their occasional price changes or unclear pricing. You might even want an addon that prints out a Drop And Go sheet for each batch that you take to the post office.

If anyone could write a "getting started with Royal Mail" plugin that lists their 4 world zones automatically that would be great.
Maybe it could list prices for a given parcel size and warn users that anyone who has different-sized parcels or wants a different service needs to edit the plugin, and that shopkeepers need to keep track of price changes.