One Brown Cow Beta CC6 Store

onebrowncow

I am are progressing towards an upgrade from CC4 to CC6 and I've made reasonable progress but I think it's time to open up the stage to some constructive criticism and get some fresh eyes on the new site.

Please note this is a development site under Beta so it may go off line from time to time and no transactions will process plus don't enter sensitive info as it is not https enabled at this time.

link removed to development site  as now offline ahead of going live

Edited by onebrowncow

Looks very sleek. Do you sell only in the UK, as there is no language/currency choice available that I could see. IF you sell in the US, you might want to "translate" jewellery to US spelling for USA language/currency choice.

And your category list seems to have no logical order.

Hi Dirty Butter. Thanks for your comments.

At the moment the categories have come over as they are listed on our current CC4 site which seem to have evolved in to this rather odd mix (or mess) over the years. With the SEO redirects we'll need to make I decided to keep the categories as the were for now and deal with a new category structure at a later date.

We do sell outside the UK from time to time but we have never had currency or language options enabled and so far have never encountered an issue as a result of such a decision. With rising shipping costs we have been cutting right back on our overseas market in the past year and concentrating on increasing our UK share instead so the site will be aimed primarily at the UK.

I really like that - I like the menu on the left instead of the right - I assume that is the foundation skin with the mod for the side menu bar ?

I like the way you have reduced the search box and added the delivery text below your logo and also like the footer too.

I came from a v5 Blueprint skin, and it took a while to get that look with Foundation. Having the side bar Nav plugin was a necessity for my sanity LOL. The Document Management mod allows all kinds of possibilities for placement. I can definitely recommend SemperFiWebServices if you are interested in paying a developer for any work.

Thank you for your kind comments about our look.

Shipping issues certainly understood!

How would changing the order in which the categories show on the storefront effect the seo url's? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean about redirects?

Oh sorry Dirty Butter, my misunderstanding, no there would not be any affect on the SEo if the category order was changed. I recall now that it was done like this because some of the flyout menus are so long that if the parent cat is too far down the page it just adds to the scrolling experience! so the parent cats with the higher numbers of sub cats are towards the top :)

I really like that - I like the menu on the left instead of the right - I assume that is the foundation skin with the mod for the side menu bar ?

I like the way you have reduced the search box and added the delivery text below your logo and also like the footer too.

Yes Prebeat this is a modified version of the default Foundation skin but the side nav is not a 3rd party mod or plugin it's a heavily hacked (some may say butchered) standard css nav with a bit of CC4, CC5 and CC6 all thrown in to the mix to make it work for us.

Edited by onebrowncow

Sorry development store was offline for a few days after I made a terrible mess of the custom skin during an upgrade to CC 6.0.6 anyway it's back and available for C&C with some additional improvements to layout and styling

but I need to move to a Sagepay V3 compatable platform ASAP and this seems to be my quickest option.

If you are running V4 currently and using the built in SagePay Form gateway which uses the V2 protocol, then we have a gateway module that uses the Server InFrame integration method and is fully V3 compliant.

Ian

but I need to move to a Sagepay V3 compatable platform ASAP and this seems to be my quickest option.

If you are running V4 currently and using the built in SagePay Form gateway which uses the V2 protocol, then we have a gateway module that uses the Server InFrame integration method and is fully V3 compliant.

Ian

Yes, I'm aware of the mod Ian, you installed it, but we never managed to get it working without breaking out of frame or returning an error so we gave up on it and changed direction with our development and decided to try a move to CC6

Ian

Yes, I'm aware of the mod Ian, you installed it, but we never managed to get it working without breaking out of frame or returning an error so we gave up on it and changed direction with our development and decided to try a move to CC6

The SagePay Server InFrame payment gateway module for V4 has been working perfectly for a while now (as with most things there were a few teething issues when you tried it) and it is installed and working on quite a number of sites.  However, the move to V6 has got to be the best way forward for everyone !

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Ian

The SagePay Server InFrame payment gateway module for V4 has been working perfectly for a while now (as with most things there were a few teething issues when you tried it) and it is installed and working on quite a number of sites.  However, the move to V6 has got to be the best way forward for everyone !

Ian

Many thanks to Ian at Havenswift-Hosting who has assisted me to resolve my particular issue with the inFrame mod. I can report that thanks to his continuing help the problem I was encountering has been fully resolved and subject to a few final tweeks we will be using his iframe Sagepay mod shortly.