AddThis extension not working

Tundra River

I know CubeCart doesn't support third party extensions but I'm still going to ask.. I used a token code and downloaded/extracted/installed AddThis to my site and it is not showing at all.. When I go into the settings it appears that it should be working except for that the allowed zones section is blank. It won't even let me add anything there. Is there a way someone here knows how to fix this? 

Screenshot_2015-06-25-06-57-53.png

Screenshot_2015-06-25-06-57-58.png

Screenshot_2015-06-25-06-58-32.png

Welcome Tundra River! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Not having any zones to allow or disallow is not a requirement for some modules.

It does seem strange, but CubeCart has two parts to making panels of configuration content with a group of tabs: code to make the tabs, and code to populate the HTML area made visible when clicking on a tab.

(Not verified for AddThis, but seen this elsewhere) The code to add a tab to the collection of tabs across the top is a standard section of code that is executed in the Module Handler. Thus, every plugin will have these tabs, and more if necessary, However, it is up to the plugin itself to have code that will unhide the respective HTML in the plugin's configuration file.

From the Product Description image above, it seems that you are showing the page in a device where the width causes the skin to switch to "small" size. Can you try viewing this page on a regular computer monitor so that the skin is showing in its "large" size?

Welcome Tundra River! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Not having any zones to allow or disallow is not a requirement for some modules.

It does seem strange, but CubeCart has two parts to making panels of configuration content with a group of tabs: code to make the tabs, and code to populate the HTML area made visible when clicking on a tab.

(Not verified for AddThis, but seen this elsewhere) The code to add a tab to the collection of tabs across the top is a standard section of code that is executed in the Module Handler. Thus, every plugin will have these tabs, and more if necessary, However, it is up to the plugin itself to have code that will unhide the respective HTML in the plugin's configuration file.

From the Product Description image above, it seems that you are showing the page in a device where the width causes the skin to switch to "small" size. Can you try viewing this page on a regular computer monitor so that the skin is showing in its "large" size?

I have switched from small to large and have viewed it on my computer and it still does not show the string.. I had this setup on another site with v5 and it seemed to work on my phone

Please have your browser show you the HTML source that it received from your site.

In the HTML, just above the product reviews (if any), you should find something that looks like:

<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style social_wrapper" style="height: 18px">
<a class="addthis_button_wxyz"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_preferred_abcd"></a>
<a href="http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&username=jklm" class="addthis_button_compact"></a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#username=jklm"></script>

I could check on this, but your store is offline.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it is still not showing up on mobile with either large or small icons.. When I loaded it on the browser it (at first) showed them, but when I refreshed the screen it was gone again regardless of the size of it and the script is not listed in the code.. I have published the page if you can help me troubleshoot a bit more, but at this point I'm considering that the script just doesn't work and I'm about to just stop wasting my time with it..

I figured out why it wasn't working, though I'm not sure how it was happening.. I was setting up the Facebook Like/Comment module and the main status was set to active but the Like/Comment was not.. When I enabled them the AddThis code worked both on desktop and mobile...... When I shut it off entirely (Facebook) it worked but when I set the status to active with the Like/Comments inactive the AddThis wouldn't work again.. *confused*

Either way.. It's all working now.. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's dealt with this but could be something the developers might look into if they get bored lol

Ok, good to know. It will get looked into.

For some reason, one of my debug installs has the Facebook module installed. I may have been tracking down a problem with Facebook interfering with other modules.

Maybe a search on these forums will find something.