Cannot change Store Settings - Browser Title

bobdonkey

As title, when I try and change this, I edit the text, click on save, it says that the settings have been updated, but the change is lost and the text goes back to how it was before. I can't see where this is stored in the database.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

What setting do you have for Meta Data Behaviour? I have Replace global meta data, and I had no trouble changing mine and then putting it back to the correct one.

It would be in the config table in phpMyAdmin, encrypted in base64. Until the issue is solved it's possible to copy that config code and decrypt, fix, encrypt, and save.

Edited by Dirty Butter

Please use an external utility such as phpMyAdmin to check if the CubeCart_config table has become damaged.

Or, in admin, Maintenance, Database tab, you can select the box for CubeCart_config and choose Repair (on just assuming the table is damaged).

Most everything you see in the Store Settings area of admin is contained in one config array. CubeCart reads and writes to this array using the code:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config','name of setting')
$GLOBALS['config']->set('config','name of setting', 'value')

where $GLOBALS['config'] is the Configuration class, and the 'config' in the get and set functions is the store-wide configuration array.

When CubeCart is waking up, the database is queried for the saved configuration array, base64 decoded, unserialized and loaded into memory.

When CubeCart is shutting down, the configuration array in memory is serialized, base64 encoded, and saved to the database.

Realize that CubeCart wakes up and shuts down for every page load.

Changes to the configuration array are POSTed back to CubeCart. Presumably, if no other problems, there will eventually be a successful save of the array. If that happened, then a comparison of the database contents before and after the settings change will show a change in the contents. (Use phpMyAdmin or a similar external utility to look at the database table CubeCart_config, the row with 'config' as the name.)

So, if you change the Store Name, you should see a corresponding change in the contents of the array column in the table.

eyJzdG9yZV9uYW1lIjoiR3JheXN0b25lIEluZHVzdHJpZXMi
{"store_name":"Graystone Industries"

eyJzdG9yZV9uYW1lIjoiQmx1ZSBQZXBwZXIgQ29tcGFueSI
{"store_name":"Blue Pepper Company"

After 20 characters, you should see the difference.

Please let us know if this is what you see.