Exchange Rates updates fail on local setup

kab

1. In /admin/sources/settings.currency.inc.php, a request is made to www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml So, you should the request and the response in the admin, Request Log.

2. Check the Request Log. When you notice the rate update fails, is it because CubeCart told you it failed?

Hi Brian,

Cubecart does not report an error. I added currencies and those should have got updated (I could see them updated in the hosted environment) from the default 1 to their respective equivalents for GBP. But that is not happening. Also, the last update date is still showing that of 26th June though I have run the fetch rates a few times today.

Here's a dump of the request log.  Apparently my currencies are getting picked up but not being written into the system.

Response received <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <gesmes:Envelope xmlns:gesmes="http://www.gesmes.org/xml/2002-08-01" xmlns="http://www.ecb.int/vocabulary/2002-08-01/eurofxref"> <gesmes:subject>Reference rates</gesmes:subject> <gesmes:Sender> <gesmes:name>European Central Bank</gesmes:name> </gesmes:Sender> <Cube> <Cube time='2015-06-26'> <Cube currency='USD' rate='1.1202'/> <Cube currency='JPY' rate='138.58'/> <Cube currency='BGN' rate='1.9558'/> <Cube currency='CZK' rate='27.230'/> <Cube currency='DKK' rate='7.4608'/> <Cube currency='GBP' rate='0.71230'/> <Cube currency='HUF' rate='312.66'/> <Cube currency='PLN' rate='4.1757'/> <Cube currency='RON' rate='4.4575'/> <Cube currency='SEK' rate='9.2641'/> <Cube currency='CHF' rate='1.0447'/> <Cube currency='NOK' rate='8.7730'/> <Cube currency='HRK' rate='7.5875'/> <Cube currency='RUB' rate='61.8070'/> <Cube currency='TRY' rate='2.9848'/> <Cube currency='AUD' rate='1.4631'/> <Cube currency='BRL' rate='3.5157'/> <Cube currency='CAD' rate='1.3851'/> <Cube currency='CNY' rate='6.9553'/> <Cube currency='HKD' rate='8.6842'/> <Cube currency='IDR' rate='14925.51'/> <Cube currency='ILS' rate='4.2511'/> <Cube currency='INR' rate='71.2458'/> <Cube currency='KRW' rate='1258.49'/> <Cube currency='MXN' rate='17.4219'/> <Cube currency='MYR' rate='4.2416'/> <Cube currency='NZD' rate='1.6347'/> <Cube currency='PHP' rate='50.510'/> <Cube currency='SGD' rate='1.5100'/> <Cube currency='THB' rate='37.868'/> <Cube currency='ZAR' rate='13.6412'/> </Cube> </Cube> </gesmes:Envelope>

Okay, so I just ran the url in a browser and noticed - <Cube time="2015-06-26"> so this explains the date stamp. 

Now to the currency part, I just added INR as a currency. In the xml file it is shown as - <Cube currency="INR" rate="71.2458"/>. I ran a [Fetch Rates] but in the admin control panel it still shows 1.00. Ideally should have got updated to 71.2458.

To be on the safe side, I changed the RWX on all the files to minimum levels (in case some files are still protected from a read/write/execute).

Please remind us of your store's Default Currency, and in the Currencies list, is that currency set to 1.0000?

Can you manually change INR to 71.2458? (Just click on the ratio value and it will turn into an editable field.) If a manual change does not 'stick', then there is some sort of problem with getting the database updated: either a fault with the database, or CubeCart is erroneously reading a previous query from the query cache.

If possible, use an external utility such as phpMyAdmin to verify the ratio value of INR in the database table CubeCart_currencies.

• 2 months later...