Disable SEO path error

bobdonkey

Hi all

I am importing all my products into the database, and because I don't specify the SOE path, it is set automatically (which is fine) but as a result the error is showing the whole time, even to normal users (and google):

The following errors were detected:
The SEO path specified is already in use with another item. A unique one has been specified for you. Please check and amend if necessary.

I do not want normal users seeing this error. How can I disable it completely?

Thanks

Please try this. In /classes/seo.class.php, near line 642:

Was:
	// Force unique path is it's already taken
	$unique_id = substr($type, 0, 1).$item_id;
	$GLOBALS['db']->insert('CubeCart_seo_urls', array('type' => $type, 'item_id' => $item_id, 'path' => $path.'-'.$unique_id, 'custom' => $custom));
	$GLOBALS['gui']->setError($GLOBALS['language']->settings['seo_path_taken']);

Now:
	// Force unique path is it's already taken
	$unique_id = substr($type, 0, 1).$item_id;
	$GLOBALS['db']->insert('CubeCart_seo_urls', array('type' => $type, 'item_id' => $item_id, 'path' => $path.'-'.$unique_id, 'custom' => $custom));
	if($show_error && CC_IN_ADMIN) $GLOBALS['gui']->setError($GLOBALS['language']->settings['seo_path_taken']);

The edit in the last line above will show the error only if not specifically prohibiting it, and then only if this SEO function is called from an administrative action.