Resolved - Problem registering new user

funkiegh

Hi, I'm using CC5.2.16 at this site: http://www.mac.tilneys.co.uk

If I try to test the registration process by entering details as a new user might I get the error The following errors were detected: Invalid Username and/or Password

However if I check the users in the Admin panel I see the details of the new one just added, although the "Type" field is empty. Even so, if I try to login as this new user I again get the above error message.

If I edit the user using the Admin panel, simply by selecting "registered user" and re-entering the password twice, then saving, I am able to login correctly.

I've emptied all the user registration tables ion the database and I'm using a variety of usernames and emails.

Another observation is that sometimes I get a Captcha when entering the new user details and sometimes (more often) not. Either way the registration is never fully successful.

Any ideas why the external registration is not working?

Hoping someone out there can help me...

Mike

There will need to be a deep analysis of the what the code is doing regarding a faulty registration.

The reCaptcha appearing off and on is probably due to CubeCart keeping a successful "pass" in the PHP Session Storage, which then means for the rest of the session, there is no more need to show the reCaptcha. A "session" is maintained as long as one uses the same browser from the same IP address and does not lose their cookies.

There will need to be a deep analysis of the what the code is doing regarding a faulty registration.

The reCaptcha appearing off and on is probably due to CubeCart keeping a successful "pass" in the PHP Session Storage, which then means for the rest of the session, there is no more need to show the reCaptcha. A "session" is maintained as long as one uses the same browser from the same IP address and does not lose their cookies.

Thanks for your reply. I've not changed any core files and it's a version from the official download site so not sure what the code would be doing that it's not supposed to. I'd rather not attempt a deep code analysis, it would be well outside my capability anyway! I'll perhaps have a go at a complete new install this evening and rebuild the site from scratch if the registration is successful.

I made a fresh install and all is now well. I think the problem may have been caused by me having tried to copy the customer database tables from another installation, maybe I missed one. Anyway I don't need to do that now and I'm sorted :D