Resolved - Memcached issue

kealan

Hello Cubecart Forums,

I have just updated to 6.0.6 from 6.0.5 and I am now receiving the following error; 

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear/memcached.class.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/m564933:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/m564933/public_html/classes/autoloader.class.php on line89

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear/memcached.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/m564933:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/m564933/public_html/classes/autoloader.class.php on line92

I am presuming that this is a problem initiating memcached on a shared server as its trying to call a function it does not have privileges for, can this be fixed as is /  memcached be disabled ( not ideal )? or should I contact my hosting provider 

Thanks in advance 

There is a conversation that mentions how to instruct CubeCart to use something other than memcached.

I think there may also be a conversation on how to find within cPanel the place to add the memcached file/folder to your hosting account's list of allowed paths.

Hello Dirty Butter,

Thanks for your assistance again, I should have gone through the existing posts in more detail! 

Turned out to be disabled on my server, I just enabled on the backend with no revisions to the global file and normality was restored.

Cheers for your help folks