Featured Product

Aiden

I'm developing a cubecart site for someone and I'm having an issue with the featured product.

He wanted it removed along with the search bar, so I did by removing {$RANDOM_PROD} and {$SEARCH_FORM} from cart > skins > nota > templates > main.php

Now he wants the featured product back.and I've tried replacing {$RANDOM_PROD} but it has no effect. The featured product won't return.

I even copy/paste the original coding from a copy I made before editing and it still won't, the search form did though so......... I'm a little confused.

I checked to see if I had made any edits to anything else and all I found was main.php and content.homepage but I'm not sure what changes I made to content.homepage and I didn't make an original copy for whatever reason...

Welcome Aiden! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart uses a method of speeding up delivering the page by "compiling" the template and caching that solution. You may be getting hit by CubeCart wanting to use the cached compiled template and not noticing that you have made an edit to the template.

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, disable caching.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

When you are finished with editing the templates, you can re-enable caching.

You have tried clearing the cache, disabling the cache, comparing what you have with a fresh download of the Nota skin, and CubeCart still isn't showing a random (aka Featured) product.

Just to be sure, you have a large number of products that are available for purchase?

Having looked a number of your products, none have an image, none have a price, and none are in stock.

To me, this says that none of the products I looked at are available for purchase.

Can you give me a product that has an image, has a price, and is in stock?

The above reply is based on me being a storefront "customer".

Be advised that certain limits placed on customers are bypassed when a logged-in admin is viewing the storefront. Some limits include "Must Login to View Prices", "Hide Out-of-Stock Items", and a few more.

Here's something new: I keep hitting the Homepage link and eventually I get a product to show for Featured Product. It seems to be consistently showing the "Red,White and Blue" product. This product is in stock!

CubeCart makes about 20 attempts to find a product that is available for purchase.