[Resolved]Error substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given

Claudia M

Hi,

I just happened to check my error log today and had over 1200 errors (stupid me cleared the log).  I enabled debug and I get the following on the product page.

PHP:
[Notice] /home1/willow39/public_html/includes/extra/snippet_104bb9b78ffedd542f9177bff9811498.php:1 - Undefined index: JM468
[Warning] /home1/willow39/public_html/classes/catalogue.class.php:1279 - substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given

On the category page I get this

PHP:
[Notice] /home1/willow39/public_html/includes/extra/snippet_104bb9b78ffedd542f9177bff9811498.php:1 - Undefined index: JM468
[Notice] /home1/willow39/public_html/classes/seo.class.php:479 - Undefined variable: title

I did make major changes to my categories (made some children renamed some) when I upgraded to V6.

On the site docs I get this

PHP:

Any help is appreciated,

Claudia

It seems to me that CubeCart's in-house programming style-book allows for the un-quashed "Undefined index" errors. To PHP, it has no deleterious effects.

On the other hand, the "Undefined index" is in a snippet. So, it might be of some small interest to figure out what snippet it is referring to, and determine if quashing the error is in the best interest. You can determine what the snippet belongs to by opening the file in a programmer's text editor.

In catalogue.class.php, line 1279, this statement will use a product's short description as derived from it's full-sized description. Baring an actual syntax error in your file, the PHP function in question is:

substr(strip_tags($product['description']), 0, $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'product_precis'))

And specifically, the third argument is:

$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'product_precis')

So, in admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Length of product precis", make sure there is an integer value entered here.