VAT on basket page

sailing123

Hi,

The way the VAT is displayed at the basket page is an issue and I am hoping that there is a solution for it.

Basically at product page, pricing is displayed inclusive of VAT and this is all fine. However, at the basket page it becomes an issue. At the moment, the product pricing is then changed and displayed as ex-VAT and same with the shipping if your shipping pricing is vateable. If you trade in a non VAT country zone, that's not a problem for you but if you are based in EU and your business is trading with consumers as opposed to trade, it is really not great.

If you do your shopping online within the EU, you will all know that all the big names do not display ex VAT pricing at checkout/basket. Only wholesale companies do that.

Could anything be done to improve this page please ?

Thank you.

Sandrine

• 1 year later...

This question (still unanswered for some strange reason) is still relevant in V6

The individual item prices, if configured to be displayed including VAT, should be displayed as such in the basket also...

This is both confusing and off-putting for average retail customers and needs to be addressed in the "core".

The VAT line at the basket should be there for information as vast majority of retail customers just want to see everything "inclusive of UK VAT"

• 2 weeks later...

You may get your solution from this post if you could also answer the questions I had.

I think it may be better to work from one thread for this since it's going to get confusing and it looks like you both have the same question.

I would say that this is probably a templating solution (i.e. functionality/experience) rather than there being something wrong with CC (i.e. technical fault) so it's probably best to work from the linked thread.

Sounds just like a few changes to the way the output occurs.

Can you post a screen shot as I don't have my store setup for VAT?

Cheers

James