[Resolved} Upgrade and Backup Assistance.

Okay, so I'm still getting an internal 500 error whenever I attempt the backup of files on my Cubecart 5.2.5

The database backs up fine, and have also done a mysql back up through phpadmin.. 

I also have a custom skin. I've read that I may need to change the directory for where the custom skin is all held. 

Essentially I was to upgrade to version 6, but feel I am unable to back up my Files and worried I will lose pretty much most of my store if the backup isnt taken. I've done a manual download of the store using ftp, however, from what I've also read on the forum version 6 is a different style and set up so may not work just putting my files back in place. 

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

If PHP "crashes", there will probably be no time to write the error into CubeCart's database error tables.

You should try to find PHP's error_log listed in your hosting account's control panel. This is outside of CubeCart.

the annoying part of godaddy is their instructions for finding the error logs are outdated, and giving me grief. I think I've found a cubecart error log but my site but can't find a server error log.. Perhaps these are not turned on.. I shall investigate further.. 

latest update to it was on 09 Jul and 14:40 UTC.. 

Illegal string offset 'priority' in /home/moodybear/public_html/themoodybear/includes/functions.inc.php on line 857

is the error code that is repeated ALOT!

A few of these present too

Stored session data did not match DB record. Session aborted as possible session hijack. Old IP Address: '120.147.227.153' New IP Address: '120.147.227.153' Old User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_4) AppleWebKit/600.7.12 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.7 Safari/600.7.12' New User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B410 Safari/600.1.4' in /home/moodybear/public_html/themoodybear/classes/session.class.php on line 636

I seem to get two that reoocur

PHP Fatal error:  Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/moodybear/public_html/themoodybear/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 24

and

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4553 bytes) in /home/moodybear/public_html/themoodybear/classes/gd.class.php on line 65

I think we can blame your hosting provider for being stingy on how many total connections (from all the applications connecting to it) can be made to the database server.

But the GD class is interesting -- but not related to the backup.

It seems your hosting account has 128KB allotted and you have an image that CubeCart wants to manage in some way (resize, probably), but the file is way too big.

Essentially, I was hoping for a Fatal Error message at the time you attempted to make the backup.

I will assume that you have successfully FTP'd your files to a local storage (your own computer, for example). If so, set your store to Offline, delete the entirety of the /cache/ and /images/ folders. Then try a backup. (I do not know if CC525 has been coded to ignore, or gives you the option to ignore, these files in the backup.)

Then upgrade, but stop the setup process. FTP back up the /images/ folder. Resume the setup process.

So the upgrade has worked.. Though I don't seem to have ANY images even after replacing that directory... I hope it's just taking time to find them!! :-)

You're amazing BM! Thanks the upgrade was smooth.. Just long.. But all done... 

Any suggestions on the Image front

My thought was that by interrupting the setup process, the Filemanager table would not get de-sorted. Once the images were back in place and the setup process resumed, the Filemanager would see all is good and leave the image index alone.

I cannot say what will happen if you restore the CubeCart_filemanager and CubeCart _image_index tables from the backup.

I restored the SQL database.. it appears to be working okay... 

I'll run set up again to be sure

oh crap it now tells me 

Not Found

The requested URL /themoodybear/setup was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when trying to re run the setup.. Tried to do the force upgrade to but that didnt work either