Product Image question

harrisorganic

Checking over some product pages this evening to find that a particular page (only one) has three photos, where as there is only one ticked on the products image page.

I have gone to file manager and "updated file list" with no change. I also cleared image cache. 

Any suggestions?

I suffer from a similar issue, and have done for over two years now. It appears the image index had some issues when going from 4 - 5 , or at least that's when I became aware of the issue sometime after the upgrade to 5. My only work around to date is to re-list the affected products, occasionally if I reupload the image it will resync but often I just get an extra image. 

Sorry I cant offer more support here, perhaps someone else can shed more light on the 'why' here

I think I discussed this directly with Al during the v6 beta testing, but not sure if it was raised as a ticket in Git as it occurred from the v4 - 5 upgrade so was a bit of a misnomer at the time, if I recall actually it was raised but deleted as not a v6 issue.

Here is the scenario product with 3 images gets upgraded from v4 to v5, you then go into the admin -> product and look at the assigned images. Looking at the list you may see one image starred as primary ( sometimes not ) and no others selected a secondary with ticks. Therefore the only option is to further add images and not remove the existing ones. 

I have looked at the image index DB and it appears to be fine ( I am far from an expert though ), didn't corrupt during upgrade etc. and still shows the images on the front end for customers just not the back end. 

@harrisorganic

It would be better if you joined GitHub and raised this issue, since you can discuss with CC exactly what you're dealing with far better than someone else can try to relate it.

https://github.com/join

You would probably benefit from seeing what other people have turned in as bugs/improvements, etc. anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

This issue has now been closed off as it is not explicitly a V6 issue and is perhaps a legacy issue due to a previous technical fault. Both myself and the OP are long running CC users having updated from much older versions so to be fair god knows then this bug actually appeared. 

Is there any other insights that can be offered here which may help me and the OP identify why a product image would not appear for selection / deselection in the admin panel for products. As far as I can ascertain my image index appears to be fine, its as if Cubecart is not loading the full list of selectable images... no errors etc. in the back end. Has the structure of format of the image index changed since v2/3 as this appears only to affect older products and images.

When I go to my image index table in cpanel, I see this message:

Current selection does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available.

Would it be possible to create some kind of "unique column" so you could then edit the image data for those early listings? Then you might be able to find and delete the offending secondary images? PLEASE NOTE - I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

For the symptom of having the image FilePicker not indicate all of the images that have been assigned to the product, I would like to work with one of you to determine the likely cause. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

In the meantime, please have your browser show you the source HTML of the Edit Product screen. Look for:

<script type="text/javascript">
      var file_list     = A_LIST_OF_IMAGES;
      var file_default   = THE_DEFAULT_IMAGE;

</script>

The A_LIST_OF_IMAGES should list all the images that would actually show on the storefront for that product, regardless of what the File Picker actually indicates.

Hi Brian & DB,

Thanks for your reply, your food for thought has gotten me somewhere, after inspecting the source code as advised, I got ..

<script type="text/javascript">
 var file_list = {"1904":"1904"}; var file_default = 1904;

</script>

I then inspected the image index for the file ID - which was present as expected

IDproduct_id file id main_img

I then inspected the filemanager for the file_id only to realise that the actual 'filepath' for my first 2000 rows is missing .... 

I am still a little stumped as to how its calling the image in the first place, but I can only assume that the missing filepath is what the image selection box is using for reference. Is this an error or is this its way of calling a 'root' directory ? 

The 'filepath' can be null or empty, or contain an actual path/. In any case, the 'filepath' is appended to the end of CC_ROOT_DIR.'/images/source/'.

According to your file_list, there is only one image assigned to product 1222. Yet, when viewing product 1222 on the storefront, there is image 1904 and others?