Order Buttons Rollover

peterp

I have just updated a site to the latest version 6 and was testing the functionality against what the site did before the upgrade, I have found that when you rollover the buy button it doesn't change colour or change to the hand icon, also when you get to the order page the checkout button and update button doesn't change colour or change to a hand icon. I have checked the older version and they all changed colour or changed to a hand icon. The templates I'm using are mican and vanilla. Also on one of the order screens the buttons read 'secure checkout' however the word checkout is only half displayed. I was wondering whether this was a bug or regular functionality and I have missed some setup step.

Hope you can help me

Best Regards,

Peterp

Just to be clear, do the buttons actually work? As for the button not being wide enough for the text, Foundation buttons appear to automatically size to fit the text. That must not have been true for v5 skins. Assuming the buttons are active and do work properly, these are css changes that need to be made. Please clarify if the Checkout buttons work properly, and someone should be able to help you with the css changes required.

I'm reviewing the Mican skin on CC5216. The "Buy Now >>" buttons on the Latest Products area of the Homepage do not change color. And they do not change the mouse cursor to a finger pointer. (The "View Basket" and "View Sale Items" buttons do, however.) So, we may need to explore your experiences a bit closer.

It is probable that CC6 changed a few of the language phrases. The CC5-based skins are all fixed width with fixed-sized graphics. Thus, it is important to use phrases in whatever language is going to be used that space allotted. You may need to use the language phrase editor to make that phrase fit the fixed-sized button.

Thanks for the response from Dirty Butter and also Brian Smither.

The actual buttons do work and they do the job that they supposed to do its just the user doesn't see any indication that they have clicked or rollover the button. If there is some css rule that will fix this then could somebody point me in the right direction as to which CSS is being used thankyou. Also Brian you mentioned the language phrase editor where would I find this as this is very new to me thanks

Thanks to everybody for your responses they are very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the language you wish to tweak. From the drop-down menu, choose the Group of phrases that the phrase you are wanting will be in. Scroll to the phrase key to edit the actual phrase.

To help in locating the group and phrase key, examine the template where you see the phrase. For example:

$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket

This will be in the Catalogue group, and the phrase key is 'add_to_basket'.

In common.css for the Mican skin, find the .button_default rule (about line 443) and add the cursor:pointer; property.