Lost

Kool kamping

Hello

I am new to all this. I got Cubecart a few years ago and it all worked fine. Then about a year ago I kept getting people complaining that when they clicked on any link from the main home page then all they would get was blue writing to the left with no images. This has been getting worse and the only way I can fix it is to go into the maintenance section and clear all the cache a number of times. Sometimes now I have to clear it 5 -6 times to fix it and its happening 5-6 times a day now. I am at my wits end as I am not computer literate.

I am using 5.3.2 i think and I have no idea how to update it if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

www.koolkamping.com

I clicked around your site with no issues, using FireFox. The only problem I saw was the currency is not changing to match the language. No visual oddities at all. Viewing the homepage FF Source Code does show a </div> marked in red with the tooltip saying there is an open element above it.

Your site arrives fast -- way too fast! So I think you have some server-level caching that may be happening.

If that's true, then the caching mechanism may have some intermittent occasions where the page's resources are not being fetched by the visitor's browser. (I you can manage to suppress all CSS stylings, javascript functions, and images in your browser you will find that all you see is blue writing on the left.)

I also notice that when I visited cat_41, I refetched all the images, javascript, and css files. Although I didn't see any directive in the Response Headers, this tells me that my browser is being told to not cache anything that comes from your site.

But then I visited a product page and did not refetch the images, javascript, and CSS files. So maybe this has been a change in how my browser's diagnostic feature reports fetching things from its internal cache.