[Resolved] Product sort after filtering on back end

platedepot

Is there a setting I can use toe maintain a sort as I change from filter to filter on the back end?  Example:  I want all products to be sorted alphabetically and show the full listing (as opposed to Page 1, Page 2, etc.)  If I set all this while in Filter A, it will change back to the default sort (by update date and using pages) when I change the filter to Filter B.  I remember being able to maintain sorting in older version of Cubecart.  I am currently using Version 6.0.6

Thanks

MARK

www.platedepot.com

I haven't tried this, so let us know how it goes.

In the admin template products.index.php, lines 21-25:

<select id="cat_subset" class="url_select">
  <option value="{$CAT_LIST_ANY}">{$LANG.common.any}</option>
  {foreach from=$CAT_LIST item=cat_dropdown}
  <option value="?_g=products&amp;cat_id={$cat_dropdown.cat_id}" {if $cat_dropdown.cat_id == $CURRENT_CAT}selected="selected"{/if}>{$cat_dropdown.name}</option>
  {/foreach}

Change this:
"?_g=products&amp;cat_id={$cat_dropdown.cat_id}"

to this:
"{$CAT_LIST_ANY}&amp;cat_id={$cat_dropdown.cat_id}"

I do not have CubeCart's cache system enabled, so there may some difference in how my Dev installation works, but in Admin, CubeCart isn't supposed to use the cache anyway -- but maybe it still uses the template cache.

If that's the case, clear the skin cache. See if that makes any difference.

Have the browser show you the HTML source of the Product Inventory list. The Filter: drop-down selector should have URLs in the <option> tags that contain sort%5Bname%5D=ASC. And this will keep CubeCart sorting by that column as you go from category to category.