[Resolved] Displaying double Category Name

Yado

Hi,

I just installed cubecart over an automated template from my webhoster. After Finishing Installation and viewing the Website, I noticed an display error in the german version. I did not do any changes till then. Please see the attached file to know what I mean. 

I have only 1 (white hidden) Category. Where can I change the name of the predefined Category "Homepage" (where the arrow goes to in english version)

And sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand. :)

Best Regards from Germany,

Yado

1.thumb.jpg.ffd45b78f149e4a960575eddd07c2.thumb.jpg.f84ffd6cc632ce1dad9091ec48b8

Welcome Yado! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

There is a problem with the skins that were developed for CubeCart: there is only so much room for phrases.

Does the complete phrase, "Nach Kategorie Geordnet Einkaufen" properly translate to the idea of a 'Shop by Category'?

If you look very closely, you will see the word "Einkaufen" is displaying right on top of "Startseite".

The CubeCart programmers admit that the skins were developed to display correctly using English phrases. The translations in other languages were probably not checked to make sure they would fit in the space provided.

If you are aware of another German phrase that translates from "Shop by Category" that is shorter, you can use the admin Language Phrase Editor to make that change.

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the language you want to change. In the Phrase Group drop-down selector, choose Navigation. In the list of phrases, scroll to 'title' and edit the phrase. Click Save.

The change is recorded in the database, so it will survive an upgrade.

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome. 

Does the complete phrase, "Nach Kategorie Geordnet Einkaufen" properly translate to the idea of a 'Shop by Category'?

Exactly! I just replaced "Nach Kategorie geordnet Einkaufen" with "Kategorien". Thats enough. 

Thank you very much again. That worked so fine and easy. God bless you. Have a nice sunday. :)