404 page after klikking on a link from Google results

CyberDaph

Hi there,

There seem to be a problem with the CC store I've made for a client. In a google search the first result in Google is an item from the client's webshop, but when you click on the link you end up on a 404 page :-( I've tried to delete cashe, and we have tried to wait for some time to give Google a chance to get the right productpage, but with no succes.

Could anyone help on this one?

The store is on http://www.mijnleukstesieraden.nl/ and the 404 is for example http://www.mijnleukstesieraden.nl/accessoires/en-nog-meer-/hippie-boho-ibiza-haarband-hoofdband-oranje-rode-bloemen-p263.html

Thanks!

Daphne.

You mentioned this (a CC5/6 failsafe style of URL referring to product_id=263):

/accessoires/en-nog-meer-/hippie-boho-ibiza-haarband-hoofdband-oranje-rode-bloemen-p263.html

So, apparently Google got product 263 indexed when it had the above SEO path.

Currently, I see this (a CC5/6 typical style URL):

/accessoires/haarbandjes-met-bloemen/hippie-boho-ibiza-haarband-hoofdband-oranje-rode-bloemen.html

So, for this product the SEO path has changed since Google indexed it.

I understand there may be a feature in Google's Webmaster Tools where you can request they drop all indexed pages from your site. You can also have CubeCart prepare a fresh SiteMap and after it is ready, CubeCart will tell Google to come and get it.

Thanks bsmither! Where can I get CubeCart to prepare a fresh SiteMap? I couldn't find thet option...

Oeps! I've just found it :-) so after a fresh SiteMap had been made Google will find it by itself? or do I need to do something more?

Could I bother you with one more issue? For one reson or another is it not possible for clients to log into their account. Where do I fix that?

It's on the same store : http://mijnleukstesieraden.nl/

Thanks!

Edited by CyberDaph

You do not need to do anything more. CubeCart sent a ping to Google to come and get it.

Without watching certain things (incoming POST, database queries, etc), I cannot make any kind of guess why logins are not happening.

Hi again,

Sorry, butI tought that if you try and make an account and then try to log in you can see what the problem is.

What do I need to provide in order to fix the problem?

You said: Without watching certain things (incoming POST, database queries, etc), I cannot make any kind of guess why logins are not happening.

but I'm not sure still what or where to look...

Hope you can help me out.

Kind regards,

Daphne.