G/C - Coupon Question

Tundra River

I'm trying to see if there is a way of stopping someone from using a gift certificate and a coupon on the dame order.. I can't find anything in the coupon setup or in the database.. Any thoughts?

das.PNG

Edited by Tundra River

Here's what I have seen in the code: CubeCart will allow the use of only one coupon per order.

But a GC is "real money" - already cash has been transferred to you. I cannot speak for the CubeCart programmers, but to limit my ability to use "real money" would be unethical.

The approach I would take to solve this is to create a coupon instead of a GC. I can call it a GC, but it will still be a coupon.

The limitation is that a coupon cannot hold any remainder*. Get ten bucks off the order - use it all or lose it.

* I think there has been a work-around developed that may allow a coupon to hold a remainder. Let me check around.

Ok, so, CC606 has implemented an option in Creating a Coupon, where, if a cart order id is entered into the form, the Coupon then holds a balance.