[Resolved] Header Different When Logged In

Hi guys,

I am currently skinning a shop for my father, i have came across a problem that i can't seem to figure out. When logged in, the store looks like this:

Untitled-6.thumb.jpg.a7749b4f2f28abbb615

and when logged out:

Untitled-7.thumb.jpg.f21a998631c1505e0ca

As you can see, the navigation has dropped down when you are logged in, but the search bar is in the correct place. But, when logged out, it's the opposite way around, the nav is in the correct place, but the search bar isnt.

Anyone have any ideas?

The site can be viewed at http://www.doubleudesign.co.uk - I'm using V6.

Cheers,

William

Welcome WilliamW! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Can we have a dummy customer account?

The effect may be related to the header floating, as well as header-left and header-right. When the viewport gets narrow enough, those headers jump out of place.

I will also say that your use of divs that are not classed as rows or preset with columns tells me you are coding Foundation without a keen understanding of the "checkerboard" nature of Foundation.

Cheers bsmither,

I have created an account for you guys to go on and have a look.

Email: [email protected]

Password: password

I haven't really read much into the Foundation coding just yet because of the timeframe i had to create the skin. Once i have completed it i plan on reading more into it and understanding what it does, when it does it etc. then making a V2 of the skin which will be fully responsive and using the correct format for the Foundation base theme.

Cheers,

William

In your template, box.session.php, you have added a <div class='top-menu'> tag that is outside the {if $IS_USER} block, but that div's closing tag is inside the 'true' part of the {if} block.

So, when signed in, the HTML contains a </div> that is not there when not signed in.

Suggest:

In box.session.php
Find:
   </ul>
</div>
   {else}
   Welcome To MeritMart. {snipped}
   {/if}
</div>

Change to:
   </ul>
   {else}
   Welcome To MeritMart. {snipped}
   {/if}
</div>
</div>

This fix will/should then show the extra bar when both a customer is and is not signed in.

A possible tweak for that is the CSS rule for .header in cubecart.css, setting height: 107px;.