How to upload a new skin to the marketplace?

Dodgebill

I have my new skin all ready to go. I am working on getting it all ready to upload to the extension marketplace (available for free) but I have no idea how it has to be laid out to make this work. What folder structure is needed inside the zip file? I looked at a few skins to see how they were laid out but still I'm not sure what is required. Any help? What is required?

I have setup the seller login and I have gotten to the page where I need to upload the file and put all the info in. I just need to know the exact way the skin has to be formatted so that it can be uploaded. I do not know what has to be done with the _MACOSX folder and stuff like that. I can't find that info anywhere...

I'm a real dunce, so hopefully it's just me, but I installed your skin without issue. However I don't see any directions, and when I tried to enable one of the colors and clear cache, my site would not open - just a blank page - I'm assuming that's the different homepage?????

Well, like I said - I'm a dunce. I went back to the download page and looked at the Documentation tab and found the link to the directions. But your link had to be tweaked to make it work, so that does need fixing. I don't have time to play with your new homepage content right now, so hopefully it's just a matter of following your directions carefully.

I have mods in place that are probably the reason I'm getting a blank page. I would need to test this on a stock Foundation site.

Thanks for the heads up on the link issue. That is fixed now.

The only reason I can think of that you would get a blank homepage would be if the section name is not called "home" for some reason. Is the page completely blank or is there just a header and background? Can you send me a link to the page?

That's our main store, so I can't leave it that way. It was a completely blank page. But as I said, I have plugins on the homepage - not mods, which dawned on me after I had written that it was blank.

When I have time I'll make a test site just for such things and test again, but hopefully by then someone will have tested it and found it working perfectly!!!

I was expecting to find a directions document in the install - something you might want to consider adding.

None of the skins comes with instructions that I have found. I was trying to figure out how to include it but with the auto install that makes it tough I think. Again, new to this whole thing.... If I can figure that out I'll get them in there for sure. I'm one of those people who needs all the help I can get so I understand how important they are.

I was looking at your site and the only thing that I see that could be an issue was the liquid slider. I had a heck of a time with several sliders. Finally just went with the BX Slider from the foundation skin. If you are still have trouble I can send you a slightly stripped down main.php file that might take out any javascript conflicts.

If anyone has an answer to the _MACOSX files and how to set those up I'd love to have that info. PC guy so no idea how to setup mac stuff.

My understanding is the _MACOSX file is a Macintosh operating system file that would pertain only to Macintoshes and it's need to keep track of parameters that relate to it's presence on the Mac that its on. (I could do some basic research on this, but maybe not.) If you are a PC guy, where did the _MACOSX file come from?

So, in my opinion, do not include that file in the distribution.

Just as I expected, the error log shows homepage.saleitems.tpl and box.documents_header.php would not load. So no reason to think there's anything wrong with your skin. :)

I have tested this skin on 5 different sites and three different computers to make sure it was ready. Glad to hear it sounds like I didn't miss something then. I even did a lightning install on a different site after I uploaded it and that worked fine too. That's is not to say that there aren't bugs. There are always bugs!

Thanks for the feedback so far. I appreciate it. I have three more skins I'm working on as well. Anything I learn here will help fix those skins too.

I looked through all my plugin folders, and none of them have an instruction file. So many of mine are mods, which of course require extensive instructions, that I never realized the plugins didn't have any documents. But I still think it would be good to somehow get your linked page into an html file included in the install package.