Short / Long Description Text Areas not showing

livetech

Hello,

We have recently upgraded one of our websites to CubeCart V6 and have noticed that there is an issue when trying to add / update a products description, none of the text area boxes seem to be showing..

The only errors we are getting in our console log are;

GET http://website.com/store/includes/ckeditor/config.js ckeditor.js:16

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined ckeditor.js:96

Has anybody had a similar issue or could point me in the right direction to getting this fixed?

Thanks!

Dan

There was one recent issue where the CKeditor files did not have the correct file/folder permissions. This caused the web server to issue a 403 Fobidden when the browser sent the request for the CKeditor files.

If possible, check the "Net" tab of the browser's diagnostics. Make sure your site is sending these files when requested.

Hi bsmither,

config.js is throwing a 403 forbidden, which does lead me to believe it is a permissions issue, but I can't seem to find it...

Which files / folders does this apply to and what should the permissions be?

At the moment config.js and folder are set to 644 - I even tried 777 for a moment to see if it made a difference and nothing changed.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by livetech

This past issue I referred to, even though the CHMOD value appeared to be correct, there are more permissions that apply somewhere/somehow. It has to do with what "owns" the folder - 'nobody', 'everybody', "Apache", "PHP", a security application, I don't know. This other individual reported that even the server techs couldn't figure it out and moved the account holder to a different server.

I strongly suggest you get your hosting provider's tech support involved.

SOLVED:

This was a strange issue as I would have thought the default CubeCart upgrade to V6 would have contained the correct files for ckeditor, it appears not.

The issue was solved by downloading ckeditor from scratch: http://ckeditor.com/download renaming the folder in /includes/ckeditor to ckeditor_old and then uploading a fresh download of ckeditor to the /includes/ folder.

This has solved the problem.

Edited by livetech

My version of ckeditor is 3.6.6 in ckeditor_php5.php, but the one you downloaded appears to be 4.5.3 that was just released yesterday. There seems to have been a flurry of releases of late for bug fixes. It might be helpful to know how far back one needs to go to get a truly stable version.

I am still going to blame the original folder - not the version of CKeditor.

The original folder was renamed, but perhaps maintained the same full set of permissions.

Then, a new folder was created, obviously with the full set of correct permissions.